Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 01-07-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Threshold Battle for Religious Dominance

During the month of January 2010, there will be a unique battle for religious dominance with a special reward. We will use three different criterion for scoring that will give all churches an opportunity to compete.

Prize: The top 4 churches will have a new room added to their temples: the Summoning Pool. When at least 2 members of your church peer into the summoning pool, they can teleport another member of the faith through the portal and into the safety of their temple.

Scoring Criterion (Time Period: Jan 7 through Jan 31):The churches will be ranked between 1 and 12 in those three criterion, the scores will be totaled, and that is how the winners will be determined. The four summoning pools will not be identical. The 1st place pool will have a summoning time one second faster than the 2nd, the 2nd one second faster than the third, and the third one second faster than the fourth. So getting in the top 4 is important, but so is your final placement.

For the purposes of this contest, we have also added an additional method of earning dominance points. These points are earned simply by having members of your church logged on. These types of points are divided by the number of total members your church has, so no matter the size of your church average activity is what matters most.

As an incentive to recruit new church members, and so you don't have to worry about new followers hurting your rankings, new members will not count as active members for any of the score elements that divide by number of active members. But they CAN contribute to your church's dominance total, so new members are all gain with no penalty.

So get the word out to your followers. Get them online. Get new members recruited and get THEM online. Then make your church one of the most dominant religions in all of Threshold!

You can read more about

Telnet address: thresholdrpg.com:23
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
Re: Threshold Battle for Religious Dominance

Sounds like something that I've been looking for. I've been looking to get into the religious part of Threshold. I'm a citizen, but not on religious leve - I'm soooo close though. (I'm currently also soooo broke).

So, is this something that all players can get into? Just citizens or citizens with the religious option.

Thanks bunches/
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Threshold Battle for Religious Dominance

Everyone can get into it. Even if you are not in a religion, there will be members of various churches trying to recruit you, or at least trying to get you to help them out. It is definitely a good opportunity for freelancers and mercenaries as well.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote