Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 08-12-2005, 09:12 AM   #1
impe20

impe20 is on a distinguished road
first of all i dont hink if this will be the right thread for this post...sorry if it isnt....i have been searching for a mud that has these properties:
1)it doesnt have to be an rpi but at least have some rp in them
2)tradeskills like i can cook my own food and i can hunt in the wilds with tracking skills
3)a large playerbase or around 50 players online at one time.
4)a large world maybe 10,000 rooms up
5)other minor features like combat enhancement, ranged combat, mxp,mccp,msp and other misc things.
6)and of course 100% free

i just hope someone can help me...by the way i have been playing soi, their mud is really great but i think iam not cut out for rpi muds... thanks for the time reading this...
impe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:08 AM   #2
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Inferno is one you might consider -

It used to be a pay-for-play but now it's pay-optional if you choose to join a guild (if I understand how it works now).

You don't have to join a guild to advance, although increasing skill strengths is easier with a guild affiliation.

Inferno isn't an RPI, but it is RP enforced, with scheduled and unscheduled staff-created plotlines you can participate in.

There aren't any levels, but there are skill classes and OOC coded devices (builds and experience points) that allow you to gain in skill ability.

The RP, in my experience, is pretty awesome, there are some fine roleplayers there. It's also newbie-friendly and though there isn't any newbie "school" there is an OOC area of the game where you first log in, where you can communicate with other players to get help and ask questions. The characters don't exist in the OOC area - players exist there as their account names instead and are described as "a wandering traveller" or some such.

I haven't played since before they changed the pay-to-play aspect of it, so I don't know how things are working out for people who don't want to pay. But that's something you can find out for yourself by logging into the game and creating an account. At the very least, you'll get a sense of hope in that there are games with a good amount of H&S and RP combined. At the very best, you'll love it and become a member of their community.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:20 AM   #3
impe20

i dont think that will work for me... even though it is not pay per play i think it would be an unbalanced game if those that will pay will get something in return... but thanks for the reply by the way....

might i add a player driven economy...
Old 08-12-2005, 10:59 AM   #4
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Fair enough - being in a guild in Inferno gives you a "group" your character shares something with. But NOT being in a guild gives you a different "group" that "set of people who are not in a guild." So there's no imbalance there. In addition, you can still advance, you can still add ranks to your skills list, without being in a guild. You merely have to train in the public trainer instead of the guild trainer. There was at least one character that I know of, back when I used to play it, who wasn't in any guild at all, and did just fine. That was back when everyone had to pay.

Inferno does have (to some extent because of the crafting system which is pretty neato) a player-driven economy.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:22 AM   #5
impe20

hmmm... ok i will inferno.... but iam still looking for an alternative.... thanks again...
Old 08-13-2005, 04:31 AM   #6
impe20

i dont think this woulde do for me... because without paying for the fee i will not be able to enter the guild and their site also tells that if you are able to join in a guild you will be able to learn much higher skills from the trainers... is there anyone else here that knows of a mud with my criteria??? thanks again guys.... i hope someone can help me soon...
Old 08-13-2005, 05:45 AM   #7
kasa

kasa is on a distinguished road
kasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 06:29 AM   #8
impe20

i will try that mud... i have heard good reviews about tempest season.... thanks for the suggestion..
Old 08-14-2005, 02:06 AM   #9
Zaq

Zaq is on a distinguished road
1) It's roleplay enforced.

2) It has literally millions of rooms.

3) It's getting bigger

4) It features everything from tailoring to evocative magic.

5) It has a skill-based system as well as ranged combat.

6) It will always be free.

IP: accursed-lands.com
PORT: 8888
HTTP:
Zaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:37 AM   #10
kalaazar

kalaazar is on a distinguished road
Towers of Jadri

Fascinating code, the RP ranges from good to stellar, and most everyone is friendly. OOC that is.
kalaazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:52 AM   #11
Davairus

Davairus is an unknown quantity at this point

Used to have 40-50 players online til I stopped playing for 3 months, RL stuff. I came back to find it down to like 20-30, which hurt.... but anyway, I'm aiming for what you're looking for, and if you find or think of a feature you needed that's missing, I'll see what we can do for you.
Davairus is offline   Reply With Quote

any mud suggestions? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestions? Sirrius Roleplaying and Storytelling 4 06-26-2006 01:40 AM
Community suggestions Davairus Bugs and Suggestions 11 06-20-2005 10:53 PM
Need suggestions on how to connect. Kendron Newbie Help 5 05-08-2004 07:31 AM
Where to post game suggestions? Frax Bugs and Suggestions 4 02-11-2004 04:01 AM
Suggestions for New Roleplayer Flyer Advertising for Players 9 01-25-2003 05:58 PM