Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 03-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Vesper

Vesper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vesper
Another RP'er seeks MUD

Well, I been around for about eight years MUDding. My favorite MUD closed about 2 years ago and I've been looking for something I could get into ever since. So, using the same layout I saw in another post, here's what I'm looking for:

Codebase - ROM, Merc, Diku or any variation of those three. I grew up with ROM, I like ROM, so it really has to be something based on ROM or ROM itself.

RP - I'm not looking for a "sure, you can RP if you want, whatever" attitude. It doesn't have to be mandatory, but I would like a strong RP environment. Worldwide storylines would be nice, but as long as there are players who can get into any kind of RP, I'm happy.

Levels/Classes - I like levels and I like classes. It's just simple and I would rather put my time into RP than getting more involved in what skills/spells I want to add to my character. I can take any predefined class of skills and spells and make them my own. Levels, too, just make it easier for me. And one more thing about classes: If your warriors can add "portal" to their repetoire during creation, don't bother advertising your game. Classes should have very few shared skills/spells. Everything else should be unique to that class. Also, I don't dig multiclassing too much. Maybe to the chance to multiclass ONCE, but really, that's it.

Pay to Play/for Perks
- I don't want any in-game perks at all, for giving cash. I don't mind MUD's that take donations to help with server costs, but no in-game perks period.

Immortals - Just don't have jerks on your staff.

Mythos - I'd prefer some history, yes. I hate worlds that mish-mash everything together. Cyborgs, orcs anime characters and Abe Lincoln. No thank you.

World Development
- Yes, I would love all original. If it's mostly original, I'm not gonna kick you out of bed. But all original would be nice. Size isn't so much an issue, but medium on up would be prefered. I'd also want at least 15 people on at a time, maybe 10...but there has to be someone on to talk to and RP with.

Alignment - Eh, not crazy about these systems. But it's not a dealbreaker if you have them.

PK - Yes. There should be PK. NOT unrestricted. There should be reasons. Fighting clans, houses, guilds, whatever, that's all cool. Just as long as PK isn't stupid people killing each other because they can. I know it exists everywhere, just as long as it's not rampant.

Permdeath - No permadeath. There's enough of it in the real world, thanks.

So, that's just about it.
As an aside, if I can do %e in my prompt so I can add directions to my prompt...I'll send you an e-hug or something. I love that option in my prompt!
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: Another RP'er seeks MUD

You should check into the muds that use the Dawn codebase, sounds like what you're looking for.

Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:41 PM   #3
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Another RP'er seeks MUD

I think you should try NW. We have everything you ask for as shown below:

NW is LPMUD style original which will have the Diku feel.
NW is RP Enforced and an Roleplay environment.

NW is exactly what you ask for here.
NW has no method of donation or payment whatsoever.
We have a relatively large friendly staff. And none of them are immortals, they are staff members to serve you.
NW has history and background storyline and a set them.
NW is all original.
NW does not have alignment outside of what you roleplay.
NW has PK as long as it has roleplay reasons.
NW has resurrection death and only permadeath in rare and roleplayed situation.

Come on by you might like it.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote