Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
Shoie13

Home MUD: Star Wars: Galactic Insights
Shoie13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Shoie13 Send a message via MSN to Shoie13 Send a message via Yahoo to Shoie13
SWGI Looking to fill positions

Galactic Insights is among the top most feature rich
and story driven SWR MUDs available. We have over 2600
changes, use the Galactic Insights v3.0 codebase,
one of a kind, and employ some of the most mature and
experienced immortals available. We have a test port to
test code on, so you will never experience multiple copyovers.
We are never down, and in our current state, we have been running
for 3 years straight. You know those MUDs that have a cool feature
but no one plays there, or those MUDs that have a few cool things
but you don't like playing there? We have those things, except we have
cool people. And to top it off, we even have unique things that no other
SWR has accomplished. SWGI sets the standard for other SWRs, forcing
them to step up their game. Other SWR Administrators program in features
they seen on SWGI or use our MUD as a template when attempting to start their own.
Do you know of any other MUD that can boast even 3-4 of our most unique features?
No? Then why would you subject yourself to sub-par gaming when you can satiate
all your needs right here? We have an active pbase, a MUD loaded with features you won't find anywhere else,
stock areas with tweaks from the original and custom areas so vast
you'll feel like you're in the SWU. Give us a chance. Hundreds
of others have.

We require the following positions:
Enforcers(unlimited)
Builders(unlimited)
Administrators(2)

To apply, logon and create a character and speak with Banner or Winter, or fill
out an application on the website and then show up on the game so we may speak
in person. You do not need experience to build or enforce. We will train you
until you are satisified with your own abilities. However, we do note hire administrators
immediately. You must prove yourself as a builder over a period of time before we hire
you as an administrator. The power and responsibility that comes with that task
is not one we give to people lightly.

Anyone may apply to become an Enforcer or a Builder. Building experience is a plus,
but we can and will train anyone that needs it.

Again, anyone is free to apply. If you've never built before in your life, we can
train you. If you've been building for years, we'd love to have you. Our staff
is professional and experienced, and any addition you can make the to the staff would be
well appreciated. We have players that will enjoy your
building, and immortals/administrators that will appreciate your ideas.

We're modified with 2600+ changes to a stock codebase, run the SWGI v3.0 codebase, which
is a modified SWR1.0 FUSS code.
-----
Newest features:
**NEW** Corporations. Start, run, and manage your own business.
**NEW** Horde Minigame. Join your friends and fight wave after wave of mobs in increasing strength and numbers.
**NEW** Account System. Tracks all alts and stores them to one account at logon.
**NEW** Trivia System. Allows immortals to host a trivia and award players for winning.
**NEW** Never before seen- ability to AUCTION your ships. Unique to this MUD.
**NEW** Player shop code. Open your own shop, customize it, stock it, and make money.
**NEW** Ship modules. Build, and then modify your ship.
**NEW** Fully functional INTRODUCTION system. "A very tall, male Wookiee of a solid build stands here."
**NEW** Engineer built ships via the designship system.

Player Opinion:

"I've been through a few MUDs, some better than others, all better
than RITS. One thing you don't see to often is one like this."

"The game has good RPers and all around helpful people."
-"Mrgogo"

"Star Wars: Galactic Insights is one of the most motivating star wars
muds I've played. All of the players I've run into thus far have
been very helpful, as well as the staff."
-Sharra

"...it is an incredibly well put together mud with a very
friendly playerbase."

"It has been well built and alot of additions have been made to the
mud since I first played there last year."

"Star Wars Galactic insight is full of impressive features..."
-Suth

"...by far one of the best star wars muds..."
-Scryn

CONNECT

swgi.org:8060

Email: Shoie13-AT-gmail.com
AIM: SystmFrz

Apply by filling out the immortal application on the website
listed above or seeking Banner or Winter ingame.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
Christian

Christian is on a distinguished road
Re: SWGI Looking to fill positions

This MUD was really cool at first. Has the characteristics of Star Wars MUSH and SMAUG which is really cool. Unfortunately, the admin Banner, is a super big asshole. The first time I met him, he was treating a player pretty badly. I know there are annoying players that get on people's nerves, but that kinda behaviour shouldn't be public. I asked if he was always like that, and he said yes, so I said I didn't really want to stick around on a mud like that and he got even more mad and put a 'twit' flag on me. After balking at that treatment, he then transfered me to a player that killed me. I don't know if you have ever played a star wars mud, but I hadn't cloned yet and lost quite a bit. So then I complained again about the treatment I was getting, so he silenced me. After that I logged another character and gave them all my opinion of his admin style (which wasn't very nice) and quit the game.

I highly advise NOT PLAYING THIS MUD. If this is how they treat people, then maybe they shouldn't be running an online game.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:09 PM   #3
Shoie13

Send a message via AIM to Shoie13 Send a message via MSN to Shoie13 Send a message via Yahoo to Shoie13

What actuallly happened was I was being sarcastic with another player whom I'm friends with, and Christian apparently thought I was being mean on purpose, and he asked about it. I told him I was always mean, picking on him as well. He proceeded to drag the subject out even after I told him I was only picking, continuing to insult my administrative abilities and to tell us he'd never do that on his own MUD and he could program in eleven languages, and then continuing to insult myself about something he believed he understood. He got so obnoxious to the point that a couple players and another administrator had asked him to stop several times, at which point a twit was placed on him, which simply means a player can kill him anywhere without an IC reason, SWGI being an RP enforced MUD. He was killed as per the twit rules, and since he was under the level of 30, he was hospitalized and never actually died, and he didn't lose all the levels he claims he did, auto-clone FTW. He continued to complain, at which point he was silenced, as per the rules of complaining about earlier punishment. He then logged another character, called me.. what was it? a "**** ****in crappy ass wanna be admin" and "****ing crybabies". At this point, he then left the MUD. For someone who was treated so badly, he is the only one throwing around insults and curse words, so seriously folks, if you want a great game, come try us out. Don't let a sad, disgruntled kid turn ya off. Christian, we hold no hard feelings for your immaturity on our MUD, so if you wish to return, apologies are welcome. I also find it hard to believe that anyone can code in eleven languages and be this immature, since he acts as if he's about ten and probably fond of DBZ MUDs or something (no offense *cough* *cough*)

If you want the actual transcript of his last attack, it is linked below. The full log of what was said is also available if you'd like to see how he was treated oh so badly. *hint more sarcasm*

Old 04-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
Christian

It's very convienant that you don't have the rest of the log posted. I basically got messed with because I had an opinion about your mud. I had decided a few seconds after you said you were always mean to not play your game anymore, so all of that was just a test to see how you handled people, which I do regret. I felt that your administrative skills were lacking in the tact department and felt it was right to say what I thought. Take some advice, you should be more sensitive to what you do in front of players, specially new players, and maybe you might keep a few more around. My posts here are not meant to further insult you, just point out that whoever should log onto you game should be aware it is not player focused, but Admin focused (your life and gameplay is based on the moods of the admin.) I have the log as well but choose not to post it as I am very over this and am happily not playing your game. Have a nice day.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:37 AM   #5
Shoie13

I do have the rest of the log, however I choose not to share it because it was not necessary. Clearly, everyone online thought you were out of line in the log I posted, which is the point I'm trying to prove -- you stepped in on something you didn't understand, thought you were being a hero and ended up making an ass out of yourself and getting yourself banned from my MUD. You pretend to think that I made you leave, when in reality you were banned to begin with, as you apparently seen from your multiple connection attempts a few hours later, so evidently you didn't move on as much as you claimed. My administrative skills are fine, unless you pretend to assume that four people's judgement on your character is flawed in comparison to your opinion of me, in which case we need to bring into question your bloated opinion of yourself and not the fact that you were banned for disrupting an otherwise peaceful MUD. I don't see how you breaking the rules and continously insulting the administration has anything to do with my administrative abilities or the quality of my game, despite the fact that myself and three others warned you several times to stop, and I even stopped talking for several minutes while you continued insulting me until the players insisted you were silenced. You need to realize that you did act very childish and proceeded attacking me even after myself and everyone else online warned you to stop several times. Take my advice -- grow up and you won't get banned from anymore MUDs, and apologize and take responsibility for your actions.

And if anyone wants the full log, I will certainly provide it in the same manner as possible, I simply didn't to begin with as the snippet I have shown clearly shows the manner that Christian presents himself in, and it's quite a big conversation and I'd have to edit out IPs and whatnot, but I will provide it if necessary.

Last edited by Shoie13 : 04-20-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
Christian

This guy just proves my point, you definitely do not want to play a mud that has an admin like this. He doesn't care about others opinions at all, and just cause your mud slaves say whatever you say, they are just trying to kiss your butt and get ahead in your game, they will say whatever you say. So there is no point in bringing up their thoughts. I did not try to reconnect again after I left (lets see the ip and see if it's mine, cause it won't be.)

Instead of answering my question 'yes I am always mean,' most normal people would have said 'I'm just picking on a friend of mine, so no I am not always mean.' You do not know me at all, and I am not judging you outside of how you treated me. I think you should reconsider your answers to new players, if you want to keep them around. I am not personally attacking you in any other form then what happened in that instance on your mud. I think you could have handled the situation much better...just cause someone has an opinion, and you let it get to you, shows that you are an insecure person, according to any psychologist. But no, with your inflated ego, you continued to push me with your ignorant statements and actions (like transfering me to be killed by another player, when that does permanant damage to my character,) and I continued to push you to see how you would react to my questions. I didn't insult you till the end when you continued to act like an admin that doesn't care about new players. You really should post the whole log, so the whole mud community can see what a great mud you have and what a great admin you are.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road

Not a moderator, so take this as you want.

Any chance you two could take this private, or at least argue in a place other then the "Advertising for Staff" folder?
Closed Thread