Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 09-01-2004, 03:41 PM   #1
Amnon

Amnon is on a distinguished road
Ok, anyone else but me seems to notice a problem with the front page? More specifically the latest reviews section...

Isn't there a limit on reviews per day or something? Soon enough that whole list is gonna fill up with that one.
Amnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:06 PM   #2
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
I think it was bad form for all who posted there. I like Chia, but the review section is NOT a chatroom. If something absolutely needs to be addressed, make a forum thread, DO NOT spam everyone else's reviews off of the review section just to get in a word or two. That's BS and unfair to the other Muds whose reviews got spammed off of the main page.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:49 PM   #3
dragon master

dragon master is on a distinguished road
I was wondering, why when a mud get's that many reviews does it show up that many times on the front page. All the links go to the same thing, a list of reviews for that mud, so wouldn't it make sense to have only one link at a time per mud on the front page, no matter the number of reviews.

Maybe this is impossible to do though, don't know.
dragon master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:43 PM   #4
MichelaOS

MichelaOS is on a distinguished road
Couldn't a command be added so that only one or at most 2 reviews from one mush could go to the last on the front page while for the others you have to click on the info for that individual mush? People wouldn't necessarily have to be limited in their ability to comment on a picticular game this way but everyone would have equal representation on the front page
MichelaOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:18 AM   #5
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Considering the dates, times, and content of the reviews....

I smell something fishy. Especially considering their last review was on the 5th of August, then they suddenly got, what, _just_ enough reviews to fill up every review slot on the front page?
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 04:26 AM   #6
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Sound the klaxons! Cuba is invading!
--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:57 AM   #7
Dulan

Cool.

So, are they invading , the_logos?

Or is it just ?
Old 09-02-2004, 06:31 AM   #8
Fionnlagh

Fionnlagh is on a distinguished road
If you look at the contents of what went up, it's hardly a chat board. There was a negative review, and someone responded (a little flamish honestly), and then a second review, which drew another two responses (rather well done in my biased opinion). It's not an attempt to fill the list but a small exchange of countering reviews.

That said, the idea of limited latest reviews to one per game is not necessarily a bad one.
Fionnlagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:03 AM   #9
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
I saw one post that wasn't a review - it was just someone named Cassiopia (or however they spelled it) trashing the mud because of 10 minutes spent in the newbie section of the game. I saw one person posting another NON-review in response, and I saw 2 actual reviews that seemed like the posters had at least some measure of literacy and understanding of what a review is.

The fact that they all showed up in the same day is actually a good thing. It means the trash and the flame won't show up 3 days later, thus continuing to bump other reviews down the list.

All at once in one nice quick and easy rush - good for everyone because you know they're not gonna do it again the next day and the day after and the day after ad nauseum.

My issue was with the first post in question and the response. Once again boys and girls:

THE REVIEW SECTION IS NOT WHERE YOU DISCUSS GAMES. IT IS WHERE YOU REVIEW THEM. IF YOU WISH TO RESPOND TO A REVIEW, DO IT IN THE FORUM.

Hello? Does anyone hear me? Testing - 1 2 3 1 2 3...

Muh.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 04:36 PM   #10
Dulan

Old 09-03-2004, 01:36 PM   #11
Fionnlagh

Fionnlagh is on a distinguished road
Fionnlagh is offline   Reply With Quote

Chiaroscuro: The Interactive Fantasy Saga - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chiaroscuro: The saga continues... Brody Advertising for Players 0 07-09-2006 08:55 AM
Chiaroscuro: Join the saga today! Brody Advertising for Players 0 09-19-2005 02:45 PM
Chiaroscuro: The Interactive Fantasy Saga Wik Advertising for Players 0 04-02-2005 02:15 PM
Interactive RP within a class structure Greenstorm Roleplaying and Storytelling 1 05-05-2003 06:34 PM
Interactive configuration options Yui Unifex Advanced MUD Concepts 8 05-31-2002 02:51 PM