Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Administration
Click here to Register

Old 06-11-2004, 09:53 PM   #1
Jayl

Jayl is on a distinguished road
Good Evening,

I'll tell you a little story about my day.  So I come home and log on to my mud (freemud.mine.nu:5000) And one of my builders says to me "Hey someone is advertising on our forums".  Hearing that I quickly bring up the forums and realize, Sarapis (Owner of Achea) has completly spammed the h*ll out of my forum advertising saying "Our mud totally owns this one etc.".

What I do not understand is why a pbase of 100+ average online must spam out muds with about 5-10 average.  You would think they have enough, no?

Saying that, I suggest that all small muds ban Sarapis from your mud or forum if you like to keep your pbase.  

And to Sarapis and the Achaea admin, This could all have been avoided if you didn't try to ban me right away when I logged onto Achea to talk to the admin about this little problem.

This is all I must say.

- Jayl
 (Owner of Return of the ParadoxII)
   freemud.mine.nu:5000
Jayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:57 PM   #2
Jayl

Excuse my spelling on Achaea.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:51 PM   #3
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Donn't be a schmuck. We average over 300 players online and had 800+ registrations in the last 24 hours. I checked your forums and they had -4- registered players. Do you seriously think I would waste my time advertising to FOUR people?

Plus, I would -never- use "l33t" speak in an ad. We mute people for using it in Achaea for gods sake, as it is a plague upon the internet (though a handy way of identifying idiots who are probably going to need a banning). I also know for a fact that whoever is masquerading as me did not register with any of my email addy's, all of which are @ironrealms.com or @achaea.com.

You got deleted for repeatedly spamming the newbie channel going on about your forums. The newbie channel is there to help newbies, not address your concerns that have nothing to do with learning to play Achaea. If you go to our websites (ironrealms.com or achaea.com) you will find the appropriate contact info there.

In any case, twasn't me, and there's nothing stopping someone from using the name Sarapis wherever they want. It's the name of an ancient God, like Zeus. I don't own it.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:07 PM   #4
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
What's the matter Jayl, you get too many people complaining about your non-stop spam on mudconnector, and figure you'll spam here about your mud until the heat dies down?

You pull the same manner of "advertising" there by complaining about someone else giving you a hard time, and it also probably never happened, or you did it yourself just so you could pretend it was someone else.

I wouldn't doubt it for a moment that any posts written by someone named Serapis on your forum were written by you, with a fake name just so you could falsely accuse Logos.

Lay off the crack dood. No one wants to play your mud, and no amount of spam is going to change that. In fact, it's just gonna encourage people to look somewhere else.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:30 PM   #5
Jayl

Old 06-12-2004, 12:20 AM   #6
the_logos
Legend

What would make you think I'd check? I don't care about your forums and I've never heard of your mud (no offence).

You said it more than twice, and you did it rudely. Just because some rank newbie wants to speak to me doesn't really mean anything. If it was that easy, I'd never actually get anything done. And again, the newbie channel is for newbies to ask questions about Achaea, and that's it.

And yet again again, contact emails are easy to find on our websites.

I thought I was clear: Sarapis is the name of an ancient God in the real world, like Zeus. It is not "my" name. My name is Matt Mihaly by the way. I don't need or care to disguise my identity.

Having read the advert, I'd rather the person hadn't posted it as I don't like being associated with l33t speak, but at the end of the day, it's really not my problem.

I've wasted enough time on this now. Next time, try confirming before you fly off the handle.
--matt
Old 06-13-2004, 11:21 PM   #7
Kenjar

Kenjar is on a distinguished road
I don't see how you could beleive it was Sarapis. Achaea and the rest of the Iron Realms muds are the biggest and most popular muds there are, and if an Immortal on one of those games were to act like that they would be removed. I don't see why Sarapis would be any different. And anyway, you don't just walk into a game and demand to see the owner, especially a game like that.

- Kenjar, Out
Kenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:47 PM   #8
the_logos
Legend

Thanks Kenjar, though just for accuracy's sake I'll mention that our muds aren't the biggest out there. Dragonrealms and Gemstone IV are both commercial and larger than us, for instance.

--matt

Achea Advertising - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advertising John MUD Administration 12 08-02-2012 11:04 PM
Advertising Space available lovechiefs Advertising for Staff 1 04-07-2006 08:20 AM
Advertising prof1515 Tavern of the Blue Hand 4 12-27-2005 04:24 AM
Advertising Changes imported_Synozeer MUD Announcements 0 03-03-2004 10:29 AM
Advertising Annoying Enzo Tavern of the Blue Hand 1 08-26-2002 07:14 PM