Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2004, 06:06 AM   #101
the_logos
Moderator
 
the_logos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mill Valley, California
Posts: 2,304
the_logos will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Aminaka @ Dec. 16 2004,04:55)
Carry on. But please -do- be more careful in future.
Rest assured that I will do my absolute best not to step on the proverbial toes of the Squirrel Nation again.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 06:46 AM   #102
Aminaka
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12
Aminaka is on a distinguished road
6-->
Quote:
Originally Posted by (the_logos @ Dec. 16 2004,05[img
http://www.topmudsites.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]6)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminaka,Dec. 16 2004,04:55
Carry on. But please -do- be more careful in future.
Rest assured that I will do my absolute best not to step on the proverbial toes of the Squirrel Nation again.

--matt
You are surprised to witness the emergence of a little wrinkled snout, sniffling and snuffling, from a tiny nook etched deeply into the tassellated bark of this most ancient of Twee trees. More alarmingly, the use of 2nd person in the desc brings tears of a unique sadness. Sleepily, a little squirrel falters but manages to overcome her shyness, eventually to stammer her plaintive request. Rubbing her little saucer eyes with little nut-stained paws, she cries:

<snip>

I think that's quite enough squirrels for one day. Next!
Aminaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 07:15 AM   #103
Sinuhe
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 55
Sinuhe is on a distinguished road
The_logos: 2004,04:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Thanks! I figure if I have to put up with some dumbass flaming us, I will simply turn it into a bonus for us. Everytime a flamewar about Achaea appears here, our creations from Topmudsites spike a bit. Thus, everybody wins! The flamers get to have their little juvenile outbursts, and we get more players. Woot!
Yeah, right.

And this particular dumbass, Ilkidarios, with his initial total of 5 posts, who so conveniently flamed you 27 minutes before your response, who is such an obvious dumbass that he actually becomes a bit hard to believe in, and who is now having this long and pointless conversation with you, so that your promotion thread can stay on top of the list for as long as possible:
Is he an alternative identity of yours, or just one of your minions, like Hardestadt?
Sinuhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 02:22 PM   #104
the_logos
Moderator
 
the_logos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mill Valley, California
Posts: 2,304
the_logos will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Sinuhe @ Dec. 16 2004,06:15)
And this particular dumbass, Ilkidarios, with his initial total of 5 posts, who so conveniently flamed you 27 minutes before your response, who is such an obvious dumbass that he actually becomes a bit hard to believe in, and who is now having this long and pointless conversation with you, so that your promotion thread can stay on top of the list for as long as possible:
Is he an alternative identity of yours, or just one of your minions, like Hardestadt?
Ahh, yeah, you are definitely one of the people I was referring to. Look at how you can't help yourself! Achaea sucks by the way. Come play it! You can find it at http://www.achaea.com. Free to play guys! FREE! It has to be free because it sucks so hard nobody would ever pay a penny for it.

Heh, I must really be awfully impressive to you, since apparently I control everything. It's my minions doing it when I get flamed. It's my minions doing it when we get praised. Thanks for the vote of confidence, misplaced though it may be!

--matt
P.S. I notice you have only 13 posts. Are you an alternative identity of mine or are you one of my minions?

P.S. Redux: I don't have minions. I have people that I work with, players, and customers. Hardestat is a customer. If being someone's customer makes you their minion, well, I guess I better get myself down to the local supermarket and ask my master what he'd like me to do today. I shan't, of course, because that's a moronic point of view, though it's hardly unexpected from you.
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 10:56 PM   #105
Ilkidarios
Senior Member
 
Ilkidarios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Name: Lamont
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 436
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
I'm not Logos' minion, I just got bored one day so I decided to start flaming something everybody liked. Hence the Runescape message in one of the later posts. This was fun, but the flaming is becoming pointless because in the last three or so posts i've been making stuff up to try and keep the flame going. If the flame helps out a mud, fine with me, I don't care. I don't really have an opinion about Achaea anyways, other than the fact that it's a decent text-based RPG. I'm one of those types of people who gets a serious enjoyment out of starting arguements with people. If you got seriously ****ed off about the comments I made, I don't care. I made up half that stuff anyways. So, in conclusion, this isn't an apology, but rather an explanation. An explanation about why I started the flame and why I like to argue. Now can we please get on to another flame war? This one's getting boring. How about this:

MIDNIGHT SUN SUCKS!!!
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 08:42 AM   #106
Angie
Member
 
Angie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Prague
Home MUD: God Wars II
Posts: 134
Angie is on a distinguished road
Oh, but we've already established that some two pages back.

And since this is a flames thread:
Learn to read, lamer.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:43 PM   #107
Ilkidarios
Senior Member
 
Ilkidarios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Name: Lamont
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 436
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
I'm still astonished that all I had to say was "Achaea Sucks" and then it started a four page long discussion about it.  I didn't even do anything.  You guys were the ones who wanted to flame really badly, not me.  I'm actually sort of glad to be in a forum with people who take offense at nothing, it makes me seem less arguementative.  Everybody was basically a big powderkeg waiting for somebody to say something about Achaea, or anything really, and then they would have gone off.  If I had said "Achaea Rules", I wonder if anyone would have flamed against it?
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:47 PM   #108
Ilkidarios
Senior Member
 
Ilkidarios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Name: Lamont
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 436
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
As a matter of fact, the only thing relatively flame-related I said after "Achaea Sucks" was that I would never pay Iron Realms money for fake money.  After that, it was pretty much just me trying to fill the void of discussion with a bunch of stuff I was making up.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:53 PM   #109
Ilkidarios
Senior Member
 
Ilkidarios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Name: Lamont
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 436
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
I still stand by my point of the credit/money exchange thing. I didn't make that one up. For roughly the price of 150 credits, I could buy a game with graphics and a more enjoyable class system. Or for 50 credits, I could buy a $20.00 platinum hits game for my Xbox.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 01:16 AM   #110
Wik
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Home MUD: OtherSpace
Posts: 140
Wik is on a distinguished road
Talking

Has anyone else noticed the re-admission of Medievia to TMS and TMC? What are your feelings about this?
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:33 AM   #111
Molly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sweden
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Posts: 574
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Wik wrote May 07 2005,01:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Has anyone else noticed the re-admission of Medievia to TMS and TMC? What are your feelings about this?
It sucks, of course. But then again so do many things.
I'm past caring.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 09:20 AM   #112
KaVir
Legend
 
KaVir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
Posts: 2,052
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Wik @ May 07 2005,07:16)
Has anyone else noticed the re-admission of Medievia to TMS and TMC?
It never left TMC - I think that's probably why TMS decided to let them back.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #113
Valg
Moderator
 
Valg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Posts: 643
Valg will become famous soon enough
It's sad to see TMS acknowledging documented thieves, without even an official word about why.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 10:44 PM   #114
tehScarecrow
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 66
tehScarecrow is on a distinguished road
omg medvia n acdhad sux
tehScarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 10:50 PM   #115
the_logos
Moderator
 
the_logos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mill Valley, California
Posts: 2,304
the_logos will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Valg @ May 07 2005,13:27)
It's sad to see TMS acknowledging documented thieves, without even an official word about why.
Are you that blind? Do a search for "Star Wars muds" and look at how many of them are listed on TMS.

And incidentally, hearsay != documentation, though I realize things like actual hard evidence don't matter to you guys.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 12:07 AM   #116
Delstro
 
Posts: n/a
Well Logo. We take what we hear from Molly as fact.
We take what you say and use every antonym we can and call that fact.

And then ####, we take what Medivia did, call it a dumb**** and move on.


I for one wish Logo would leave so Molly would Stay.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 06:11 AM   #117
KaVir
Legend
 
KaVir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
Posts: 2,052
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (the_logos @ May 08 2005,04:50)
And incidentally, hearsay != documentation, though I realize things like actual hard evidence don't matter to you guys.
Of course it does, that's why we've based our opinions on numerous factors, such as:

1) Being able to view a copy of the Medievia source code.

2) Having a copy of a statement, signed by Vryce under penalty of perjury, in which he states that the code is Medievia 4.1

3) Having a statistical line-by-line comparisons of Medievia files against Merc files which show huge chunks of identical code, in one of which the only difference is a changed header.

4) Having statements from numerous other people who have viewed the code, including people who have worked on it.

This information has been available for years.  Are you telling me you started collecting money from people to sue Medievia without even bothering to check the facts?  Or is it you, perhaps, to whom 'hard evidence' doesn't matter?
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 08:46 AM   #118
Keriwena
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11
Keriwena is on a distinguished road
Maybe he just likes to collect money.

Seems to be a widespread problem in the MUD community these days.

I prefer to honour the intentions of the thousands of people who spent countless hours creating things for the enjoyment of others. Without them, there wouldn't be this "market" these guys are trying to exploit.
Keriwena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 03:28 PM   #119
Valg
Moderator
 
Valg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Posts: 643
Valg will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (the_logos @ May 07 2005,22:50)
And incidentally, hearsay != documentation, though I realize things like actual hard evidence don't matter to you guys.
Actually, a number of sources have documented Medievia's thievery in sufficient detail for me to take a side in the issue.  Feel free to post a rebuttal to KaVir's points, or just read the posts where Soleil admits the thievery and tries to pass it off as "old news" or not worth worrying about.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 07:45 PM   #120
GuruPlayer
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 73
GuruPlayer is on a distinguished road
I am a mud player, I don't know coding, am not & have never been an IMM for any mud, have never reached Hero/avatar status on any mud... just a mud player. Now I've been playing muds for a little over a year, so I guess you could call me a veteran newbie. So I hadn't heard of this Medievia controversy, & didn't know what to make of it. Then I see that Molly O'Hara, someone who's posts I've always found informative, & respectful to all, posts a thread that she is leaving this board. That is a real shame, and I hope Ms O'Hara comes back, the mud community needs her. Be that as it may, I punch "Medievia code theft" on Google, & read a bunch of different sites, & find a very informative one at http://slithytoves.sytes.net/~kurt/Medievia.html

Now I have been a professional actor for 30 years & I believe I know a little something about copyright infringement, I would like to thank everyone who has posted their objections to Medievia coming back to this website, if you hadn't, I wouldn't have known anything, & no doubt would have played the mud. Now that I did a little research, I can assure you that I will never try it, I will make every effort to inform other newbie mudders like me. The fact that the thieves had a lawyer look for loopholes tells you all you need to know about their moral alignment.

All in all, I'll be hoping Molly will reconsider, we need her thoughtful insight a #### of a lot more than the logos & others of his ilk...
GuruPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


[Flames] - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flames, and what they are doing. Kinnith Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 06-09-2005 01:53 PM
Another Attempt to shout over the Flames Jeena Tavern of the Blue Hand 33 05-31-2005 10:00 PM
Tired of the Flames?  Here's a webcomic. Ilkidarios Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 05-09-2005 07:12 PM
Adventures Unlimited - Flames Ytrewtsu Advertising for Players 3 09-16-2004 12:21 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014