Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 05-28-2018, 10:10 PM   #41
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: Delerak's MUD Vlogs

Traithe would have something to say on that matter I think, but maybe not, I think Traithe ran it far better.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:33 PM   #42
Sebguer

Sebguer is on a distinguished road
Re: Delerak's MUD Vlogs

I did say 'one of', not 'the most'.

Though, I honestly don't think it's fair to say that Traithe ran it far better. He ran it well, and that period of the game was probably the least tumultuous and also saw the most competent developer in charge of the codebase, which is not always a positive (because a developer is likely to burn out) but in his case was, because it was a project he was wholly and completely committed to.

Also, not sure if anyone else could have navigated (or even would have tried to navigate) the legal issues that plagued the game in those early days.

I'll also admit that I was a huge Traithe fanboy, but I was also 13 when I started playing SoI in 2003 and a rather crappy player, so it's hard to apply the same critical lens to how he ran the game. Those early years were a far different time, and I was far less hooked into the OOC network in those days. When I came back to SoI in ~2009 after a few years of on-and-off checking in, it was a very different world and I was far more connected to the 'behind the scenes'.

These days, I think an RPI game can only survive through embracing the metagaming- especially with the ease with which Discord connects players in realtime.
Sebguer is offline   Reply With Quote