Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Administration
Click here to Register

Old 01-21-2003, 09:27 PM   #1
ScourgeX

Home MUD: Scourge of Time
ScourgeX is on a distinguished road
ScourgeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 10:36 PM   #2
Ntanel

Ntanel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Ntanel
Pardon my bias, for the fact Kyndig is also an affiliate of mine.

In a struggle to answer a question in an attempt to be fair to my other hosts, I will try to answer this question as such:

I have had an account with Kyndig.Com for roughly a year off and on. Kyndig.Com has proven reliable, stable and the customer service is amongst the best and fastest I have ever experienced. This is due to the fact that Kyndig and his wife are robots and do not need sleep.
Ntanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 08:19 PM   #3
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough
I've had an account with Kyndig since around October-ish.

In my short but eventful time with them I can think of NOTHING bad to say about their service. I was helped with getting my MUD up and running (having little to no experience using Linux) by a number of emails from their staff. Despite problems in payment (due to me living in the UK, not owning a credit card, and their bank not liking UK cheques very much) they were very, VERY patient. I mean SUPER patient. I was amazed to go so long without having my account frozen. Of course I finally sorted it and I've now paid for two years worth of hosting.

I've had numerous emails from both Kyndig and his wife Jaelli, although most of my correspondance has been with Jaelli. Both are extremely friendly, helpful, understanding, and have answered all my email inquiries within a day at the most, even before I set up my account.

Their prices seem very competitive to me too. I'll admit to never having hosted a MUD before so not having any first-hand knowledge of other service providers, but to be perfectly honest after my experience with Kyndig.com I wouldn't want to. I'm perfectly happy where I am.

Put simply, Kyndig provides fast, reliable hosting at cheap prices with the BEST customer service I have ever seen. After working in the retail trade for numerous years, I know all about customer service and the staff at Kyndig have got it down to a fine art.

If this post sounds overly enthusiastic, it is. I'm that impressed with them.
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 07:15 PM   #4
smadronia

smadronia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to smadronia
Like others, I host with Kyndig.com and I can't find anything bad to say about them. I know you're looking for any possible problems, but we haven't had any, and we've been there over a year.
smadronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 10:03 PM   #5
Robbert

Robbert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Robbert Send a message via AIM to Robbert
I've known Kyndig for several years, and never had any issues with him. In January of last year, I moved my MUD to his servers after my previous host performed some unethical (in my opinion) acts, and have been with them ever since.

During that time, I've found Kyndig.com to be proactive towards server security and site setup, always willing to add additional servers to combat MUD bloating, and very fast in their customer response times.

I am a member of the Kyndig.com hosting team - one of those who work with the servers to set accounts up and run the Kyndig.com machine. All of the above, however, would remain true regardless of this fact.

--Bert
Robbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:04 PM   #6
dentin

Home MUD: Alter Aeon
dentin is on a distinguished road
Re: Kyndig as host

Linode:

Alter Aeon MUD
dentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:56 AM   #7
plamzi

Home MUD: bedlam.mudportal.com:9000
Home MUD: www.mudportal.com
plamzi is on a distinguished road
Re: Kyndig as host

I did a quick comparison between current Linode vs. Amazon EC2 pricing and I have to say they are pretty close. For 10-15% more on Amazon for a similar configuration, you get elastic capabilities and tools to self-manage pretty much every aspect of your cloud. One major difference is that if, for a period, you don't need an always-on instance, Amazon will not charge you for the time it is down.
plamzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Kyndig as host? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your preference on a MUD Host Crystal MUD Administration 8 08-28-2014 12:31 PM
MudMagic Host Provider Kyndig MUD Announcements 1 04-08-2004 04:31 PM
Host Sharing asura MUD Announcements 2 03-21-2004 01:59 AM
What will it take to host your MUD? Rhuarc MUD Announcements 0 12-27-2003 12:20 PM
Need Temp. host for my MUD Straud Advertising for Staff 0 04-08-2003 06:00 PM