Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 10-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
elektrisk

elektrisk is on a distinguished road
Necromium needs YOU!

Why should you try Necromium, you ask? Well, why don't you review these aspects of our MUD and decide whether you do or not (:

1.) Help Files for EVERYTHING.

Necromium has a helpfile for almost every command, zone, class, ect in its database. I took a screenshot of me viewing the helpfile for "word of recall".

2.) Fair and Managed Rules.

The rules are real fair on Necro. One can read HELP RULES in game to see all of them. I've been guilty of breaking the rules before, and I got 1-2 warnings and was told what would happen if I broke them again, so trust me when I say they are fair. If one is a new player, people won't expect him or her to know everything. If one tries to get a general idea of the rules, he or she will be fine. A new player won't have much trouble if s/he uses common sense (e.g. don't attack a mob that someone else is, ect.)

3.) Relaxed mud.

The mud is actually real relaxed if one wants it to be. A player can choose to XP in a zone that is non-pk so s/he doesn't have to worry about other players attacking him or her. Some people just choose to sit there and talk with others, whereas some people would rather kill each other. The choice lies in the player's hands.

A thing one should know though is that there is virtually no RP on Necro. By RolePlaying, I mean like, people don't sit there and chat, "I'm an Elf that is 5'7 blahblah", they just play the game.

4.) Reasonable levels and skills cap.

Necro's sytem will probably appeal to you if this is what you're looking for. Okay, what you do is your start out as either a mage, cleric, warrior, or thief. However, when you reach Level 33 of that class (it sounds short, but it takes a reasonable amount of time to get there), you can choose to multiclass (or remort, as some peopel call it). What's neat is that depending on what class you currently are will change what classes you can multiclass to. For instance, if I were a L33 single class mage, I could choose to multi into a bard, a druid, or a ranger. Each subclass has unique skills, and that's what makes the system great, I think, because you can't have all of the skills in the game, which creates diversity.

Once you've multiclassed four times, you'll become an "Avatar". Avatars have very unique skills. For instance, all Avatars can train Intellect Fortress, Mental Barrier, ect, but only Mage Avatars can get a familiar, or only Cleric Avatars can summon players that are dead. Only Thief Avatars can remain hidden as they move, ect.

A L33 Avatar (total level: 165) can then start what's called 'cping', which is where you XP to gain character points, which are used to train skills/attributes. However, an avatar can only cp until he or she has 100k total cps, at which point he or she will not be able to gain anymore. As an Avatar, one can also run Equipment Zones with other Avatars. What's cool about Necro is that the EQ has a unique tweaking system.

5.) Active players and/or staff.

On an average, there're about 15-25 mortals on at a time, and 1-2 Immortals on. The main immortal, Flood, is really fair, and he's quite hilarious if I say so myself. Jaguar is the coder, and he's not as comical, but he is very helpful and fair. There are other miscellaneous immortals that run quests, such as Matar or Meysen. Despite the semi-small playerbase, something is always going on.

6.) Tight-Community feel.

Okay, this is the kicker. Necromium has a really awesome overhead map that is so easy to get used to, and the only other MUD that has anything like it is Exile, except for Necro's is more organized and you can actually see where you are going =P I've taken a screenshot of me moving around so you can see the map:

So, the yellow asterisk represents me, the gray #'s to the NW represent an open gate, and the green +'s represent boundaries.

A lot of the people are really sociable or friendly. The house I'm in has extremely helpful members where new players fit right in. There isn't really a "room" where people stick around and chat, because Necromium has the 'chat' channel that I mentioned above. Everyone knows everyone as well, and naturally there exists conflict. But with conflict comes competition, and that's what builds an interesting PK environment for those who wish to partake.

7.) Oceans.

There is a vast ocean which you can sail with boats. If you have your own boat or use a houseboat, you can sail at your own will. It is possible to get lost, however. There are also public boats which sail from continent to continent. There are 5 continents; you start out on the continent on Necromium.

8.) PK System.

The PK system is interesting in my opinion. Instead of making a pk or nonpk character, the Zones are flagged either NPK, SPK, or CPK. You are prompted before entering, and it says something like this:

Let me explain these three.
NPK - Anyone in NPK can be attacked. However, if you die, you only get sent to the designated PK dump-room. You won't lose any XP, levels, or anything. You only lose the affects that you had on you.

SPK - Anyone in SPK can be attacked. However, if you die, up to 3 pieces of eq can be looted from you if the mob is programmed to do so. Only some mobs will loot, however, so it's not that bad. Also, you can always go & kill the mob to get your eq back. Players can attack you, but it will have the same affect as NPK.

CPK - This is the most dangerous one. If you die to a mob, you will lose all the gold that you had, and up to 3 pieces of eq can be looted from you by either a mob that loots, or a player. If a player kills you, you will lose a level, and any player can loot up to 3 pieces of eq from you.

Note that PK is completely optional.

9. The Death System.

Death is awesome too. When you die to a mob in any PK area, whether it be SPK, CPK, or NPK, you'll lie on the ground for a few ticks (the more PKs you have, the longer it is, although there is a limit to how long it can take, so fret not). Once the death time is up, you'll be able to move, but you'll be a corpse. A corpse can walk through any gate/door, ect. On each continent, there is a priest that will tell you where to find your soul. Once you find the room on that continent that has your soul, you get it and take it to the priest. You then type 'life' and you'll be brought back to life, respawning on the continent on which you died. Finding your box on Necro gets super easy when you learn the layout of the continents, and even when it's not, you can just ask someone where it is. Note that if a player kills you in CPK, you'll lie on the ground, dead, for 3 ticks, regardless of your PK count.

Necro also has a Wiki that is still being created, but it already has a lot of speedwakls, ect. Check it out at .

Check us out if y'all want (: If you need help, look for "Dream", "Decepticon", "Spyke", or "Trippy" - I'm usually on.

IP: necromium.com
PORT: 4000

Last edited by elektrisk : 10-05-2008 at 06:52 PM.
elektrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
elektrisk

elektrisk is on a distinguished road
Re: Necromium needs YOU!

BumpBumpBump
elektrisk is offline   Reply With Quote