Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 09-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
Dakhno Ivanovich

Dakhno Ivanovich is on a distinguished road
Highly Balanced RPK Mud - Daedal Macabre

Yeah, as stated in the title, Daedal Macabre is an RPK Mud with great balance amongst races/classes throughout it.

What does that mean? It means that dominating isn't as simple as figuring out what the vogue race/class combination is, and exploiting it. It takes some skill, some creative use of tactics and really putting in the work to reap the rewards.

Moreso, while we are an RPK mud, we're not one of those places where you need 70 pages of notes and rigid roleplay to kill somebody. So long as you've got a reason for doing it, go for it. So PK is alive and well on our game.

As for individual classes, we've got a fully customized monk class, that has the option of relying on the use of stances hidden around the spacious mud or combos that are input by the player.

Bards that rely on musical instruments and a sorte of songs.

Dragons... that start out as hatchlings, and over time, mature through the stages of draconian, drake, dragon, and ultimately Wyrm and Great Wyrm.

There are remorts, the newest of which are liches and elementals. The lich remort is available for casters by tracking down the elusive Senraut brothers to gather components for the philter which will change them into a lich, and eventually a Demi Lich.

And the Elemental remort is basically available to everybody. With this, you'll mature into a specific elemental-type, whether Fire, Water, Air, Electricity, Nether or Earth.

All in all, this game boasts tens of thousands of hours worth of playable possibilities, superb coding, and an interactive staff of administrators that listen to the ideas that are posted on the idea spool.

There's a reason we're still playing a mud, rather than WoWing. Come see why:

And yeah, I'm not an admin, just a player. So check me out on here too.
Dakhno Ivanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
misao

misao is on a distinguished road
Re: Highly Balanced RPK Mud - Daedal Macabre

Can't you do both? I do.

Just kidding. All the best, hope more people will respond!
misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough

Never heard of an "RPK" before (other than as an abbreviation for Ruchnoy Pulemyot Kalashnikova). Does it just means the mud incorporates elements of both RP and PK?
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
Dakhno Ivanovich

Haha, actually, to be entirely honest, I tried out WoW briefly and got realllllly bored. I had a couple of roommates who played and dragged me into it. Not my thing.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
Dakhno Ivanovich

Yeah, RPK is essentirely Roleplay-Required PK. You can't randomly run around indescriminantly killing things. Essentially, we're all playing characters... and barring some kind of serious circumstances, your Lawful Good Paladin probably shouldn't enter a room and brutally murder my Neutral Good High Elf Healer Priest.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #6
misao

misao is on a distinguished road

WoW is a game that really only begins when you hit max level, IMO.

A sad design flaw, but hey, they're still raking in billions.
misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak

RPK.. my interest is piqued.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
Dakhno Ivanovich

A lot of games don't really start until you hit the max level... however, most don't have the balls to make it take you several months to reach that max level.

For example, on the mud I play, the vast majority of things to do occur at max level (51), but you can level a character to 51 in a day or two, if you know how to do it, or if you get yourself into good group.

However, on Daedal Macabre, characters typically start with a concept or an idea. Creation is fully customized, and there are a LOT of options for different builds within a given class, so having an idea of what you're going for is essential. From there, you have to level, skill and gear.

And quite often, if you're unsatisfied with the final result, you'll recreate, tweak your build, and do it again.

Mind you, this is more for the very PK-minded players. We've got a lot of explorer/acchiever types too, and for them, creating a pretty solid character is sufficient to allow them to explore the massive world around them and do whatever it is that they do.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
Upro

Upro is on a distinguished road

I play this mud too and have for quite some time. We're currently in a revival to flesh out the pbase a bit, but that's all the mud really needs. It's got more coding enhancements to it's Rom 2.4 codebase than could ever be listed and has a friendly/helpful current player base. I second Dakhno... come try us out, you may never be seen irl again...
Upro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #10
Dakhno Ivanovich

Hey Uppy, glad to see you joining the conversation. I can only speak to the hours when I'm online (9-5ish, EST, M-F) but the place seemed pretty busy yesterday, and now this morning looks good too.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #11
Upro

Yes indeed, we had quite a few people on and a couple new players so all in all a good day. Hopefully we can continue this trend in a positive manner for some time. Hopefully we can open people's eyes to how awesome Daedal Macabre really is.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:01 AM   #12
Twinblades

Twinblades is on a distinguished road

Is this MUD down? I tried to peek at it, but it wasn't running.
Twinblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:09 AM   #13
Upro

No this mud is running quite well. It did crash earlier for the first time in a week or so, but yes it's very much running and alive. Please come by and try again, daedal-macabre.org port 9000. See you there!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #14
Dakhno Ivanovich

Yeah, thats another huge up-side to DM. The game is VERY stable, especially of late.

That's not always a given, especially on a game with active coding projects, and a constant stream of changes going in.