Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 05-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
coldshadow

Name: james
coldshadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to coldshadow Send a message via MSN to coldshadow Send a message via Skype™ to coldshadow
Seeking active mud

HI, I am currently looking for a mud with a Detailed crafting system, allowing for various types fo career choices. also, the game should have an infusis on RP.
coldshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
silvarilon

silvarilon is on a distinguished road
Re: Seeking active mud

May I suggest Ironclaw Online?

We've got very flexible crafting, running from tailors, milliners, dye mixers, etc. for clothing, to carpenters, blacksmiths, weaponsmiths...

Many of the items have a very high level of customization, for example, you can even craft the *hilts* of weapons into various historical styles (I think we have around 24 hilt types alone...), you can craft buttons into various shapes out of various materials, and add them to many items of clothing, and so on - and in the future we plan to develop the crafting even more...

The focus of the game is strongly on RP. It's set during the renaissance, with competition between the noble houses or the guilds (as well as various other factions, such as the church or police force) - you're free to join any group and help drive the competition, or build bridges and alliances.

Check out our , but bear in mind those pages were made in a hurry, and we really should re-do them. (Always hard motivating myself to redo the pages when I can be improving the game instead...)

Two points worth noting:
1. This is a "furry" setting. That means the characters are all walking, talking animals. Some people like this, others don't. I like that it allows us to bring in RP themes (such as racism) that would possibly be offensive if they were "normal people". People are less offended if we say "The mice hate the cats" than if we say "The dark skinned people hate the light skinned people." - it also means more variation in characters. A monkey character will have different strengths and weaknesses to a bear character.

2. The mud is pay-to-play, but you can play for free for one month. You need to sign up for an account, but do NOT have to put in any payment information unless you decide to pay. No scams here. I know pay muds are a problem for many people, but try it out for free anyway. I find the price tag means players are more invested in the game, and we tend to get better RP because of that. At the very least you can get a month of gameplay for free and then move on. (And no, I don't get any of the money. The game is built and run by unpaid volunteers.)

If this sounds like your sort of thing, then I hope to see you there!
If not, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Cheers!
silvarilon is offline   Reply With Quote