Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Newbie Help
Click here to Register

Old 08-25-2008, 02:49 AM   #1
Santa

Santa is on a distinguished road
Looking for a mud (shocker!)

So I'm looking for a mud...as you can tell by the title.

Years back, I played a few LPMuds where as a newbie, you were automatically given a ton of free newbie equipment (worthless and barely protected..but hey..free is free!) and there were plenty of newbie areas out there.

That's all I'm looking for. An LP Mud with plenty of newbie areas out there...and nice starting newbie equipment.

I know I could find a ton of these muds if I were to expand my scope to include Diku/ROM/Circle/etc, but to be honest, I just can't get into them. They're nice, but I prefer LP..probably because I started on an LP back in 1994.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
Kereth

Home MUD: www.retromud.org
Kereth is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Looking for a mud (shocker!)

is a heavily modified LP MUD, like the one you described. It's got a rich supply of newbie areas spread out across six different worlds, and it loads with free newbie equipment, albeit about as worthless as you described. Several guilds have spells or skills to create or summon more powerful weapons or equipment, however, and there are also many guilds which rely more on spells or, in the case of the monk guild, bare handed combat, and aren't as reliant on equipment, which can be quite helpful to the starting player.

Hope that helps!
-Kereth Midknight
Kereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for a mud (shocker!)

Mr. Claus,

If you are looking for a lot of fun in a MUD you have described you need go no further than New Worlds at where you will find great newbie help, staff members dedicated to new players and old alike. You will find specific areas for new players and gear up the yin yang.

There is a caveat, however, NW is a roleplay enforced game so you will be required to stay in character while in the game which can be a bit different for some gamers.

Now, if you really want to look further than NW, I would suggest some very good games in no particular order:

Threshold:
4Dimensions:
Iron Realms: This weekend you might really want to try out one of Iron Realms four games because they have a special event going on in all the games this weekend. Linked below:
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:08 AM   #4
chaosprime

Home MUD: Lost Souls
chaosprime will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for a mud (shocker!)

You might be interested in . It meets your basic criteria, as newbie start with equipment and there are plenty of newbie areas, and it's an LP (going back to your time, even -- I wizzed in 1993 and it had already been running for three years). Fair warning, though... while it has the LP feel, it does a lot of things its own way and can be a handful for people used to the usual conventions to adapt to. Serious learning curve, the payoff for which is continuing play value.
chaosprime is offline   Reply With Quote