Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 09-25-2003, 10:23 PM   #1
Qest

Qest is on a distinguished road
I've been playing on muds for a long time. I've done some building but most of the time I'm mearly a lacky to some lazy builder who doesn't want to write their own room and mob descriptions. Anyway. I've been looking for a long time for a anime themed mud to build in. I'm hoping for a generic anime mud that doesn't draw from any shows but mearly has stuff that's standart in anime. A generic anime mud. As of yet I haven't found anything close. Can someone help?
Qest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 11:18 PM   #2
Mierza

Mierza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mierza
Although I train/hire staff for a Star Wars MU*, I thought I'd reply just to give you my sympathy. I started out descing for lazy builders, but now I'm newly a head admin in charge of staff and I can guarantee that I'll not have a keen builder willing to learn, simply picking up the standards of someone elses work.

I hope you find a good place where you can be properly trained and encouraged to reach your full potential.
Mierza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:00 AM   #3
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
I admit I am not nearly the anime buff as many, but what would you consider a generic anime?  Are there any underlying mechanics or themes that are special to anime games?
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 02:28 AM   #4
Qest

Qest is on a distinguished road
Well yes animes vary greatly, and some don't follow the "rules". But there many different reoccurances in anime. Mecha suits, martial artists using crazy energy attacks. They're all alike to some degree. Now, most muds are based on one anime or many but the non Dragon Ball Z ones don't have very high player bases, since either the mud's theme doesn't agree with people's taste or the mud itself doesn't pull it off very well. Me and my friend, we wanted to make an anime based mud free of "Well, they didn't do it in the show, that means we can't do it here." Or "We can't have that area or item, it doesn't fit with the anime" Or the infamouse "Let's cram a bunch of themed areas into one space so that everyone's happy". We dreamed an anime mud where players choose which themes they their character to be. Be it chi using fighter, magic using elf, or mecha suit wearer.
Qest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:50 PM   #5
xVampLordx

xVampLordx is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Hey there,

I"m looking for a few builders, it's not an anime MUD though. More like medievil fantasy, purely original. You don't have to worry about lazy builders wanting you to do there room desc. or mob desc. Come up with an idea for some areas along the plotline and it's all you! Let me know if you want to find out more.

xVampLordx
xVampLordx is offline   Reply With Quote