Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 09:36 PM   #101
Xanferious

Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
there not the same thing....
Old 05-03-2002, 09:38 PM   #102
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
"They are" not the same thing. Proper contraction, "They're".

"There" not the same thing makes no sense whatsoever in common english. Learn to spell, capitalize, punctuate, and comprehend what you say before you criticize someone else, Xannie-poo.

-D
Old 05-03-2002, 09:42 PM   #103
Xanferious

Old 05-03-2002, 09:49 PM   #104
Dulan

All hail me. Worship the ground I walk on. For I am me!

Note the sarcasm.

There is no flame warrior that can accurately define anyone, Xanferious. Seriously trying to pin me down to any single one shows how much of a newb ya truly are to forums, bud. May want to pick a fight with someone else, and actually listen to what people are saying.

You spam. People in general do not like people who spam. We want you to stop. And yet, no matter how many people, even Moderators themselves, that ask, you still ignore our requests. What will it take for you to listen, short of a ban from Synozeer?

-D
Old 05-03-2002, 10:03 PM   #105
Xanferious

1. no admin has asked me to do anything......
2. i dont spam
3. many people already stated i dont spam
4. grow up
5. im finished disscussing this with you, you been wasting to much of my time.

you are the crybaby goodbye!
Old 05-03-2002, 10:08 PM   #106
Dulan

KaVir is what you call an "admin", and what we call a "Moderator", Xanferious.

Consider that. Then restate what you just said.

-D
Old 05-03-2002, 10:23 PM   #107
Xanferious

My last post to you Dulan,
He never said anything to me.
so stop your crying, live with it and move on, or just leave i dont care but im not wasting my time with you anymore.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:34 PM   #108
Dulan

Yes, he did Xanferious.

What in the seven hells do you think the 'Me, too!' thread was about? Or do you truly lack the intelligence that you seem to imply?

-D
Old 05-03-2002, 11:33 PM   #109
LikitaRenn

LikitaRenn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LikitaRenn Send a message via AIM to LikitaRenn Send a message via MSN to LikitaRenn
ok, first of all, i have a boyfriend who is not even into muds, let alone this site. second of all, obviously YOU can't read, because i clearly stated that i don't READ the things in Advanced MUD Concepts... (something along the lines of... "I only post in the General section"... sound familiar?) so... that leaves 7? well, when i said the 2 or 3 of you, i was referring to those 3 of you (Dulan, Orion, and Alastair) who seem to REALLY have no life if this bothers you that badly! i mean, it IS rather pathetic that a few posts seem to affect you so much! and i still maintain my opinion that the long, redundant, and boring posts waste a lot more space than our little FUN posts, and it wastes our time as well, since you seem to say pretty much the same thing in all of them... and speaking of not knowing how to read, it's LIKITA, dumb ass

-likita
Old 05-03-2002, 11:37 PM   #110
LikitaRenn

Send a message via ICQ to LikitaRenn Send a message via AIM to LikitaRenn Send a message via MSN to LikitaRenn
and thanks seth...............i think

-likita
Old 05-04-2002, 12:30 AM   #111
LikitaRenn

AND, as far as i can count it's 6 from this post on your side. since molly said what she said above, and "Spamming Forums I can live with... ", i really don't think she fits into the people "who don't give a damn to see your inane, pointless, idiotic, moronic, uncaring blatherskyte"... considering she said she agrees with shao and not you orion, maybe you should take a recount...

-likita
Old 05-04-2002, 12:54 AM   #112
Alastair

Alastair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alastair
Who can't read? You said only 2 or 3 were opposed. He counted 13. Wether you read all posts or not is irrelevant.

Oh, the "get a life" flame. A classical in the Net Rat's repertoire. I think Seth hit the nail right on with you.

i mean, it IS rather pathetic that a mass of posts seem unable to switch on your brains.

Time for the dreaded car analogy:
What your innocuous little oh-so-funny spam do is akin to the jerks who drive at night with their fog lights on. Under clear weather. It might mildly amuse them, it is mightily annoying to the people driving behind them.

To recapitulate.
- We said "please cut the spam"
- We said "please don't do it"
- We explained why it is frowned upon
- We even proposed that you start your fun threads with a tag at the beginning of the subject line to indicate you meant to post a private drivel

You don't listen. What does it really take? Every of the 13 complaining to Synoozer until you get banned?
If you want to take it that far, so be it.
But don't whine, you will have brought this upon yourselves.

And before you misquote me, for the record, I don't want you banned or gone. I would like that you stop spamming. Thank you.
Old 05-04-2002, 01:17 AM   #113
LikitaRenn

Old 05-04-2002, 01:42 AM   #114
Orion Elder

Orion Elder is on a distinguished road
Xanferious, you've got the literary capacity of a retarded fruitfly. That's all I've left to say to you... well that and you're a damn liar.

Likita how old are you? Nevermind. Doesn't matter. You're a twit. First, you said you didn't post to other forums. Learn that people might just take what you state to *GASP* be what you state! DUN DUN DUN! You said you didn't post to other forums. Not that you didn't READ them. Learn to speak your mind clearly... people might not treat you like the twit you are, if you do. As for having a life, I don't see where someone who considers 'spam' fun can talk. Sorry, but you've moved into the borders of twinkdom if you think that someone who considers spamming fun can tell someone else to get a life.

Now, let's talk about prefacing your posts with a specific header. Do you see the name of who started the post on the main TMS page? Didn't think so. Think before you speak... you might manage to make a little sense next time.

As for Molly's statement. She said she could tolerate it. Not that she liked it. As for what she was agreeing with, she was agreeing with Shao_long that this wasn't started as a discussion about spam... not that spam was a good thing. Quit trying to skew the facts. Gimp.

As for causing excessive screen roll, you are. Anything that does not contribute anything (such as 'heh...', 'lol', 'me too...', 'praise the spam', etc) is spam. Hell, half the people here have said you're spamming and yet you still refuse to understand it. What does it take? Does someone have to punish you for you to understand you're being a nuisance on a site that is here to be a helpful resource to the MUDding community? You all keep talking about 'well I haven't been punished yet.' That's the logic of a child. A selfish, spoiled, bratty, little child. If you have to be punished to understand what you're doing is wrong you're obviously not an adult. At least not mentally.

Now, let's explain this one more time. You say something stupid, the rest of us retort with logic. You claim that we have no lives and are being stupid because we use logic, and you don't... see how this makes no sense?

Ok, let me put it in easier to understand terms. We have a point. You don't. We clearly express our point with facts. You don't. We ask you to refrain from being jackasses. You don't. Clear enough yet, or do I need to get my four year old nephew to translate my 'big people speak' into understandable english for you?
Old 05-04-2002, 04:37 AM   #115
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Old 05-04-2002, 04:51 AM   #116
Dulan

Ooo! Oooo! Ooooooo!

I'll bite you, Likita! Me! Me! Me! I wanna!

-D
Old 05-04-2002, 06:59 AM   #117
Shao_Long

Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
Angry

one thing : please,stop calling me a twit or and insulting me at all,alright ?

If I'd said what I think about you,it wouldnt be nice ,but I refrain.

You havent read a single post I posted here,I suppose,because you still are telling me that I havent expressed myself clearly.
Now,until you'll apologize for your insults,I wont tell you a single word.Sorry,its just way I like things to be.

BTW:Sorry that I called some of you ba$ta^ds and stuff like that.You made me angry.
Old 05-04-2002, 10:03 AM   #118
Xanferious

and what did I lie about? IM sorry IMO not a anal ranger like yourself, and you and Dulan keep crying like a babby when you dont get your own way. this isn't your forums, this is the mud community's forums, so you should live with what goes on or move on.
Old 05-04-2002, 10:05 AM   #119
Xanferious

sorry to burst your bubble but maybe you should go back and read his post, he never said any names, he just stated his mind.
Old 05-04-2002, 10:30 AM   #120
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Hmmm, on second thought maybe I did not make myself quite clear in my last post. So let me try it once more:

The fact that I am not siding with Likita and Shao_Long does NOT mean that I side with the other party either in this rather silly discussion.

In fact, I think that other party is mainly to blame for the degeneration of this thread, since their rather exaggerated flames over a pretty harmless initial joke is what actually opened the floodgates for the spam.
After that both parties are acting equally silly, since each post to the thread – (including this one of course) – just adds to the spam most of us would like to avoid.

As for the actual topic of the thread, it’s a fact that most people dislike spam intensely. And I think can safely speak for the majority of the regular posters on these Boards, who have shown the good sense of staying out of this thread. I wish I had been equally sensible.

In any case I will show some sense now, so this will be my last post on the matter. I hope against hope that the example will be followed.
Closed Thread

To spam or not to Spam ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spam Baram Tavern of the Blue Hand 2 08-20-2006 10:04 AM
[SPAM] Chatterbox One Orion Elder Tavern of the Blue Hand 14 05-10-2002 08:49 PM
a spam fourm Xanferious Bugs and Suggestions 0 05-10-2002 07:51 PM
Praise the Spam !! Shao_Long Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 04-29-2002 01:20 PM