Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 08-14-2005, 08:19 AM   #1
Jerusalem

Jerusalem is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Jerusalem Send a message via AIM to Jerusalem Send a message via MSN to Jerusalem Send a message via Yahoo to Jerusalem
Talking

I am seeking a few mature and professional individuals who want to see an RPI MUD with a / theme succeed.

I am accepting interviews for the following positions:
1: One or more coders with a knowledge of C and SQL are needed. A familiarity with the DIKU GAMMA 0.0 code and/or with the is also a plus. You will also know how to do backups and will have your own box to code on, whether in Notepad on Windows, or Linux. The Head Coder position will be earned, not given.

2: Builders with a good mastery of English and the proper way to phrase it are needed. Knowledge of and/or the ability to research would be welcome. The Head Builder position will be earned, not given.

3: Those who love to see the world come alive through scripting are needed. I would like to have a team of scripters, above and beyond the builders themselves. At that stage, I would like to promote one of these scripters to Head Scripter.

4: A person accustomed to writing documents in a professional manner would be appreciated. These documents would see service not only in-game, but also on the website. Knowing HTML and JAVA are certianly a plus, but by no means a requirement. The Web Service I use provides an easy-to-use editor.

I will be interviewing all applicants. One must have the ability to be unflustered if an idea is vetoed, and must be comfortable and hopefully supportive of the strict RP perma-death roleplaying model. One might also expect to present examples of previous work provided that they have done such a thing in the past.

I can be contacted on any messaging service via the screenname 'JerusalemRivers'.
Jerusalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:28 AM   #2
xotl

xotl is on a distinguished road
Steampunk/Magick is the core theme of Accursed Lands. We are a strict RP mud as well, though we do use LPC.

There are different technologies in isolated parts of the world, but the main technological areas are victorian to pre-renaissance.

There is only a bit of steampunk out there right now, so it is not entirely obvious yet.

We are also a RPI mud, or at least moving towards that as we are in beta. 9 years in dev so far, and starting to get to really exciting times as it is all coming together.

I don't know what your intentions are, we are a non profit organization, but if you simply want a mud like this you may consider collaborating with our team instead of starting from scratch. We'd have to see if our visions lined up.

Xotl (xotl_entity@yahoo.com)
xotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #3
Fifi

Fifi is on a distinguished road
Moderator Note: Post clipped. This is an advertising thread for the MUD mentioned in the first post. Keep the discussion pertaining to that, or start your own thread elsewhere.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote

A Unique RPI in Development... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Java Coder Sought for unique MU* development Bunabiros Advertising for Staff 1 08-06-2007 07:06 AM
New muds in development Baram Tavern of the Blue Hand 8 04-16-2006 03:34 PM
Mud in Development Revenus Advertising for Players 0 04-07-2006 02:41 PM
Serulan(Mud under development) Nosrath Advertising for Staff 0 07-28-2004 01:58 PM
What development platform do you use? Yui Unifex MUD Coding 14 06-19-2002 06:47 PM