Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 01-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Saire

Saire is on a distinguished road
Come one, Come all!

To New Worlds Ateraan!

Do you love to roleplay? - This is the MUD for you! With 120 players on nearly ALL the time there's bound to be someone you can always roleplay with if you wished to!

Do you want to sail the seas? Fishing or Whaling, or just exploring? Have at it! NWA has various ships that can be purchased and all the adventuring you could desire!

Do you love dynamic guilds, religions and storylines.... NWA has all that and more!

So come sink into the world that I've grown to love with little over a few months time! I'm sure you'll see why.

newworlds-rpg.com
Saire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Dedwulf

Home MUD: New Worlds Ateraan
Dedwulf is on a distinguished road
Re: Come one, Come all!

Having played several muds over the years, I couldn't agree more. Once I found New Worlds Ateraan I have completely enjoyed the experience. The economy, gear, guilds, structure, and especially the roleplay is amazing. The sea faring is also the best I've ever seen. It's also nice to actually roleplay with alot of people and adventure in large groups.
Dedwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Thank you both for inviting others to the World of Ateraan.

I too would encourage anyone who hasn't dropped by NWA to come and enjoy an immersive, dangerous, quality game in a rich environment.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:22 AM   #4
Saire

Saire is on a distinguished road

*high fives you both*

One thing I've grown to really Love about NW-A is the line that is CLEARLY drawn between IC and OOC. When I first came there and I asked something on the Question channel and someone told me "Find out IC." At first I'll admit I was discouraged... I thought "It'd be a lot easier if you'd just tell me here!" But it set the tone for the rest of the game. Not only did it give me an RP opportunity but it also made sure I know IC is not to be taken OOC and vise versa. It sets the environment that we all depend on for AMAZING RP!
Saire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
ShadowsDawn

Home MUD: New Worlds: Ateraan
Home MUD: Threshold RPG
ShadowsDawn is on a distinguished road

I have to admit, I've grown rather fond of NWA. As has been said, there is considerable roleplay.. pretty much tied with the best I've ever come across. Plus they get bonus points for having a character type that I've sought for for years.

That said, I will have to admit that I tried NWA back before their pwipe. I did not play very long, as I was not pleased with the welcome I got. Oh, it was friendly and helpful.. just too helpful. Got logged in and someone came runnign to help me get my bearings a bit, offering a tour. I immediately launched into RPing my character, and the poor guide was startled I think. They came over the question channel that it was okay, they were just trying to help. It still took me a bit to get the person to understand that I knew that, I was jsut RPing my character. Not long after that, I just brushed the game off as not what I was looking for.

Now however, after the wipe, and with the Southern starting area opened.. I decided to try again. I've loved it ever since, and have been playing a lot. I highly recommend trying the game out... but if you go for Darmahk..know that it is rough getting started.. but veruy worth it in the end.
ShadowsDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
Dedwulf

I like that about the game since I was a big roleplay gamer with other MUDS I expected as much. Like you said, it makes the rp that much more exciting. I personally like the ships the most and the different roleplay you find in the Kingdom versus the Southland. Guilds are great, though I've only played in two of them, and the races are interesting, and like the guilds I've only tried two different races. I posted on the Homemud forum and I'll say it here as well, if you haven't played on NW, you haven't played. This has to be the best roleplaying MUD I have ever played, ever ever ever.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

This can happen sometimes as we have a very helpful and dedicated staff and playerbase. Hard core roleplayers will find it more enjoyable to start in the Southland where little or no help is available.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #8
Dedwulf

I can attest to this. I tried in the southland first and it was much to hard to grasp for me. After I had played some, it was much easier to try the south. Definately a white and black difference between the two locations.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
Kalli

Kalli is on a distinguished road

I am also a hooked player of NWA! I'm pretty new but love the game. I tried playing in the south when I first started, but being new to a roleplay game it was too hard. I'd invite people to try the game but if you're like me start in the north because there's alot more help there. It is a terrific game though, I've loved every minute of it!
Kalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
Dedwulf

What position to you choose? Conscript, slave, or servant? I chose conscript and ended up not following someone's orders. Bad idea. I got put in the stockade. Shocking but interesting roleplay.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #11
ShadowsDawn

Home MUD: New Worlds: Ateraan
Home MUD: Threshold RPG
ShadowsDawn is on a distinguished road

Heheh.. hmm.. caravan issue?
ShadowsDawn is offline   Reply With Quote