Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 06-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
elektrisk

elektrisk is on a distinguished road
Looking for a MUD!

Hi. I've mudded for about 5 years, and my home MUD was a heavily modified CircleMUD base. This is what I prefer/don't prefer:

I DON'T enjoy having a million classes to choose from. Different builds/paths/whatever you call them is nice, but I don't want to be faced with 16 different choices when creating a character.

Races are optional. I don't mind either way.

PK MUST be part of the mud, but optional.

RP CANNOT be enforced. If it's allowed, fine. But I don't want to be forced to RP.

Pbase of AT LEAST 30. The MUD I come from gradually lost its players over the past year and now has a pbase of 5. I need a lively MUD.

Preferably friendly players. I am used to dealing with jerks; every mud has them. But I'd enjoy some friendly people.

FAIR staff. On my home mud, there was once a cheating fiasco where over half the MUD population had loaded gear just because they were friends with the Immortals. I don't want to have to worry if I'm dying to a player because I suck, or if because they cheat.

If you have an overhead map, then I'll definitely check out your MUD. If not, then it's whatever. I can deal with that.

Multiclassing would be very nice (or remorting/tiers, whatever y'all call it), because I feel it adds a variety. Not required.

I DON'T want an endless classless/endless levelling system; I want there to be like a max level.

EQ Runs are DEFINITELY a must. By eq runs, I don't mean where you portal to a mob and kill it in two rounds. I mean like runs where players must band together (or in some cases, can solo) and do a series of things to get to the boss mobs and get the loot. If your MUD has these, I'll defintely stop by.

An EQ system. I assume that most MUDs have this, but I like it where you have to fight mobs to level and you can wear EQ at certain levels or whatever your system is, as long as there is EQ.

A balanced system, obviously.

I guess I shan't put any more restrictions, lest my criteria become too intimidating. If you could post responses to my criteria above as to why you think I'd enjoy your MUD, then I'll be more likely to check it out. Thanks a lot.
elektrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for a MUD!

I recommend trying out Realms of Despair: realmsofdespair.org 4000
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:06 AM   #3
Kleothera

Kleothera is on a distinguished road

You may consider Dragon's Exodus.
Kleothera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

I would say try any of the Iron Realms games. Most are listed in the top 20. They are all somewhat different, so one of them should suit your fancy.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote