Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 10-25-2015, 01:36 PM   #1
Nergal

Home MUD: ArmageddonMUD
Nergal is on a distinguished road
ArmageddonMUD - Murder, Corruption, Betrayal

Nergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:28 AM   #2
Nergal

Home MUD: ArmageddonMUD
Nergal is on a distinguished road
Re: ArmageddonMUD - Murder, Corruption, Betrayal

You're standing in the Commoner's Quarter of Allanak. It has become quite a busy sight lately. The Arm of the Dragon's training yard is bustling with activity as the soldiers of the city get in extra sparring practice and sharpen their obsidian swords. The mercenaries of the T'zai Byn chat merrily about the coin they're going to make in the upcoming battle. You've swung a blade or two in your life, or maybe you've patched up a bloody wound or entertained a nervous soldier. Whatever the case may be, you know that all patriotic citizens of Allanak are welcome to contribute to the fight as an irregular - a volunteer of sorts. Who knows? Maybe you'll be the lucky one to make a name for yourself on that day. Or maybe you'll turn and run when you first catch sight of what it is you've volunteered to fight.

A combat event is scheduled for 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time on November 8. Make a character in Allanak, and you'll have a chance to join in on the fun! Can't make the time? There's always something to do in the aftermath as well.

Last edited by Nergal : 11-06-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Nergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough

Lots of things going on over the past few months. Some changes in staff, some code additions, plots and events starting/ending/being hinted at, and the producers say there's a lot more to come.

General summary of Armageddon:

One of the first RPIs, and the longest continually-running one (with a couple of stops in the service when their server was infested with spiders and another time when they moved their server from a box in some guy's living room to the cloud). By RPI, I mean something very specific: permanent death, no "levels" or training points. No smurf village or newbie school, no global chats. Replacement of traditional "verbs" or "socials" with an extensive emote system. The genre itself is a sort of mashup of original content, Dune, D&D's "Dark Sun" campaign. It's a heavily-modified DIKU deriv, and roleplay is required, not "optional" or "encouraged."

Here's a couple of logs (edited to some extent for clarity or to redact stuff meant to be discovered rather than divulged).
WARNING - ALL-TEXT CONTENT NOT EXACTLY SAFE FOR WORK OR LITTLE KIDS LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER:

Note: they're old logs, but they still do reflect the general roleplay style of the game.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:24 AM   #4
Jazuela

SO many things going on - the coders have been busy little Githmas elves, creating new toys for us all to play with. And the Storytellers have been like caffeine-injected tandus, delivering plots and animations and echoes and teases and hints of stuff all over the place. This is an awesome time to try Armageddon - or to return to it if you've been away.

Today's batch of new changes, you can read about them here:

there's also a discussion about the food changes here:

Main website:
Old 12-20-2015, 03:02 PM   #5
Gonzo Dagger

Gonzo Dagger is on a distinguished road

It is nice that Armageddon is actually getting new stuff again. I am hoping to make a character there and check it out again when I find the time.
Gonzo Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:01 PM   #6
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road

Is the administration still really terrible?
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
Jazuela

Why not open a thread in the Tavern of the Blue Hand somewhere to discuss your critique of the game administration. Or better yet - bring it up in the Game Administration section of the forum. This here is advertising for players.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:53 PM   #8
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road

Is it so terrible that new players are made aware that a game has (or has once had) problematic admins? I never experienced anything anywhere else quite like I did during my short time in Armageddon--and I recall that there's an independent forum specifically for venting about OOC problems caused or made worse by badge-heavy administrators, whether in the game or on the forum (and I've seen first-hand that the forum community is pretty bad). I don't know of any other MU* with an unofficial forum for the airing of grievances. Whether those grievances are real or exaggerated doesn't change the fact that it makes the game look bad if some people feel the need to have a safe place to talk about their issues.

Sure, people don't pay to play Armageddon (unless there's premium features that I don't recall), and playing there is a privilege, but that doesn't mean that the host of a party should treat his or her guests so callously if they are making a sincere effort to follow the rules.

When I look into a game for the first time, I want to know all about it, warts and all. I'm sure that many people who look at this thread and consider the game for the first time would want to know about the warts too.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:46 AM   #9
Gonzo Dagger

Gonzo Dagger is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the derailment, but...

When I look into some forums for the first time, I want to know if there are any trolls, with warts and all. I am sure that many people who look at the threads here and consider posting would want to know that viewing dark acacia's past posts will show you that:

So we should ignore him, and continue on.
Gonzo Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote