Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 08-20-2003, 10:48 AM   #21
Amnon

Amnon is on a distinguished road
The most important thing you have to remember from this whole thread is that everybody has bad threads... I doubt there's one person on ANY forum that didn't feel like everyone were laughing at him at one time or another.

But the trick is not to argue about it, just accept what they tell you and learn from your mistakes. If you do, nobody will hold a grudge against this thread in the future (I hope? :\ ).
Amnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:06 PM   #22
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 10:21 PM   #23
Ingham

By Eris, this whole thread is an annoying waste of of bandwidth, storage space, CPU cycles and most importantly, time.

I thought we had moderators to stop stuff like this from going on and on and on and on...?
Old 08-23-2003, 11:48 PM   #24
less than sacred

less than sacred is on a distinguished road
You take a 1969 stock Chevy Camaro, remove the engine and replace it with a 350 four bolt main, wiseco pistons, holly four barrel carb, 3-speed eightball shifter, new tires, and a new paint job is it still stock? It's the same car right?

Obviously it's *not* stock. Much time and effort went into making something good into something better. Just because the names are the same it doesn't mean it's stock.

Scmming things on the surface rarely produces any meaningful information, as people here have so helpfully shown. Dark Hope MUD isn't a good mud. It's a GREAT MUD with many unique features.

Morons will post here claiming to visit Dark Hope for about 12 seconds in order to present "proof" of their claims. The problem is that anyone can tell a slanted story, even one as absurd as the ones posted on this thread.

What they call stock I call familiarity. It's easier to learn the ropes of a new mud if your at least familiar with how some of it works. .
But apparantly that gets lost on some folks when ignorance takes hold. Dark Hope is set in such a way that as you advance more changes are visible.

Hate me, but don't make statements about my mud when you haven't played it long enough to appreciate just how different it is.
less than sacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 06:49 AM   #25
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
However it is more than sufficient to reveal that your mud is not "one of the most unique and original games around", as you originally claimed. Indeed, I found it a struggle to find any original features at all, and those I could find didn't seem to work properly.

Is that why your world is around 90% stock?
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 12:59 PM   #26
less than sacred

less than sacred is on a distinguished road
Now Kavir, do you honeslty need to resort to lying again?

Yeah, 90% stock. I guess your definition of stock means having everything changed from the original and redoing everything. In that case, yeah my mud is stock.
Keep talking, Kavir. You're only making yourself look more like an ass and helping make my mud more popular.

You must enjoy being wrong, because you're damned sure good at it.

PROVE to the world that my ENTIRE mud is 90% stock
You can't. No one can. But the more you let your fingers think before your brain does I get more players. So go ahead...keep talking.
less than sacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 02:24 PM   #27
Terloch

Terloch is on a distinguished road
LTS,

First off, being beligerent will get you nowhere but under a massive pile of flaming dung here.

Secondly, you can have the greatest MUD in the world, but if it APPEARS at first glance (which is all most people give something) to be nothing special, you have already lost a majority of the battle.

Take some time, change the initial experience that someone has upon logging in. You are biased towards your own creation (like most of us are) and you will not see things like someone who is brand new to logging on will see, such as Midgaard, stock areas (even if by name), and the APPEARANCE of things being stock, even if they are not.

- Terl
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 05:40 PM   #28
KaVir
Legend

I have been posting to TMS for many years, and have never lied. You, however, are just another wannabe mud owner who has already proven himself to be a liar (eg claiming that you didn't post three times on the same day, when everyone reading this can see for themselves that you did exactly that). So who, then, do you think is more likely to be taken seriously?

Why should I need to, when what I in fact stated was "your world is around 90% stock"? By the way, why do you have "Mega-City One" listed as being written by Saza, when it is in fact a stock area written by Glop? You also seem to have two copies of "Ofcol" by Alfa, two copies of "Desert" by Jerrik, etc. Tell me, does "A rich detailed world with many original areas" to you mean a world which is mostly stock, with duplicated areas and stock areas with the credits stripped out?
Old 08-24-2003, 06:42 PM   #29
Azhon

Azhon is on a distinguished road
This thread's giving the mud's owner lots of free publicity, I wonder if that was truly accidental...
Azhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 07:06 PM   #30
CSmith_Fan

CSmith_Fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CSmith_Fan
CSmith_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 08:12 PM   #31
KaVir
Legend

Free "publicity" showing that it's a mostly stock mud run by a thin skinned liar with no regard for other people.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:22 PM   #32
CSmith_Fan

Old 08-24-2003, 09:24 PM   #33
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 09:31 PM   #34
CSmith_Fan

Old 08-24-2003, 10:19 PM   #35
Delerak

Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
I don't know what that means...and I don't use aol...huh?
Old 08-24-2003, 10:29 PM   #36
CSmith_Fan

Sorry..kind of a smei-inside joke that people who USED to have AOHell, but switched to a far better service, would understand.

..let's just say that AOL went through at least 4 versions and major upgrades in 1998. And each time, you had to pay again to get the newest version.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:46 PM   #37
Delerak

Bleh, I say anyone that uses aol is retarded. Why pay for dial-up? Broadband is the only way to go. Go fiber-optics!
Old 08-25-2003, 11:41 AM   #38
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 12:45 PM   #39
CSmith_Fan

Old 08-25-2003, 02:33 PM   #40
Estarra

Home MUD: Lusternia
Estarra is on a distinguished road
As someone who is currently constructing an all original MUD, I'd say that the amount of energy to write a room description is about 10x greater (or more) than posting spam, etc. I mean, sure the room with the mystical tree is fun to write, but what about the 100 rooms of forest it takes to get there? Hmm, we have the dried stream bed, the fallen log, the clump of birch trees, the... um... ARGH!

It's so much easier to go to a newsgroup or bulletin board and post your opinions on whatever rather than doing what you're supposed to be doing and building.... oh, wait, what am I doing here... *slinks off*

Estarra

P.S. Does anyone still read Cordwainer Smith?
Estarra is offline   Reply With Quote

Great mud seeking players!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Act of War: The New War seeking players Boreth Advertising for Players 0 05-15-2006 01:01 AM
Great Mud with a past needs players! frayz Advertising for Players 0 01-21-2006 07:06 PM
An old mud seeking new players cowofjoy Advertising for Players 0 01-07-2006 10:06 PM
A GREAT MUD needing players Asalyt Advertising for Players 0 08-22-2003 08:26 PM
Seeking RP Mud w/Great Crafting System Slanted Advertising for Players 6 03-11-2003 04:04 PM