Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Coding
Click here to Register

Old 02-09-2005, 01:22 AM   #1
Jaegar

Jaegar is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I am working with a Rom2.4 mud and am trying to modify the do_group code.  What I am trying to do is change the order in which typing group will display all of the members in the group.  I am trying to get it to display the group members, starting with the leader and then put the remaining members in the order that they joined the group from top to bottom.

Then I am trying to figure out a command that will allow the leader of the group to basically send a member of the group to the back of the order, without having to make that member leave the group to be grouped again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jaegar
Jaegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:15 AM   #2
Amnon

Amnon is on a distinguished road
Looks to me like you wanna make a list out of the group. You add a first_in_group, last_in_group, next_in_group and prev_in_group pointers, and when someone starts a group he is set as first_in_group for himself and the people who joined him, then for every person who joins, he is added to the last_in_group's next_in_group.

Then all you have to do to make the list is start from the first_in_group and work your way through the next_in_group until you hit the last_in_group
Amnon is offline   Reply With Quote

Group Code - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Threshold RPG - Group Combat & Group PvP Changes Threshold Advertising for Players 10 12-13-2005 08:01 PM
um..how do I code? Asalyt MUD Coding 12 05-26-2004 05:03 AM
RPers wanted to start group/clan and have fun. Rohart Tavern of the Blue Hand 4 07-17-2003 07:21 PM
New Project Group Forming Alexander Tau Advertising for Staff 0 02-20-2003 10:37 AM
I would like to code! Zellius Advertising for Staff 1 07-03-2002 08:59 AM