Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 05-30-2005, 10:30 PM   #1
Edger16Bit

Edger16Bit is on a distinguished road
Hi all
I have tried a couple of muds I have tried a couple and would like a couple for a new one to try.I am looking for one that is very newbie friendly. This does not have to in the form of a friend player base but just from a good turorial and guides to start out on. I don't mind PK if it is not the main focus of the game or restricted to only consentual fights. Some Muds I have tried are Shadows of Isildur. This game had a WAY to steep of a learning curve and from read the boards and talking to players I gathered that you HAVE to make friends and be really lucky to start this game. Waiting in the same room for hours on end, hopeing for someone to come buy and help is NOT fun. I also tried to plau aardmud. The complete oppisite almost from SoI. It was very easy to start and I may continue to play but the equipment system iwas very hard for me to learn. This could be remedied from playing more and asking around.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions you guys can help give me.
Edger16Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:24 PM   #2
rotm_adm

rotm_adm is on a distinguished road
If you don't mind a mud that is lacking players (we are actively searching), come and look at Realm of the Magi. If you see something we can improve on, please make a note of it. We are trying to get back into focusing on our player's needs as the game itself is nearly complete.

Realm of the Magi (formally DragonStorm) is a text-based, real-time dark & magical fantasy themed roleplay game, that features fully interactive creatures and non-player characters, a driven skill and spellcasting dice-based combat system, an assortment of player-driven classes, the ability to experience 'dragon flight', a unique quest & puzzle reputation system, hundreds of 'soul' feelings and over 5,000+ realms to explore!

Telnet: stormbringer.sysconn.com 1501

-- Silverthorn
rotm_adm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 01:28 AM   #3
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:42 AM   #4
tehScarecrow

tehScarecrow is on a distinguished road
I find Lusternia very entertaining, the only MUD I'm playing right now. Be warned though, your character will run out of gas a few weeks after you finish newbiehood if you don't spend money, it's one of those for-profit IRE muds. Though you can technically get everything in the game without spending cash, it takes more time than it's worth that way. But, it's a very fun and interesting game.
tehScarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:58 AM   #5
Wik

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Wik is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

What exactly do you want in a game? I see a lower level of PK is something you'd enjoy. Do you enjoy puzzles? Quests? Beautiful room descriptions? Roleplay? Crafting?

More qualifications can help us point you in the right direction.
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:27 AM   #6
Zaq

Zaq is on a distinguished road
I have been playing Accursed Lands for a while now.  It's the only mud I've tried on the mudlist that can offer evocative descriptions, logic-based command parsers, a wonderfully player-friendly survey and a huge world totalling millions of wilderness rooms and thousands of virtual rooms.

It essentially is a virtual world complete with north and south poles.

You should check out the reviews for it if you want a more in-depth first hand testimonial.

Try it at:

IP:      accursed-lands.com
PORT: 8000
Zaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:20 AM   #7
Nikodemus

Nikodemus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nikodemus
Realms of Discordia has a very friendly staff & playerbase, and recently converted to a new codebase, meaning a playerwipe, meaning that a lot of stuff is for grabs.

You can also advance solely by RP if that's your thing, and PK is only a result of RP. It's addictive!

realmsofdiscordia.com @ 9000
Nikodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:37 PM   #8
Bat

Bat is on a distinguished road
Try Imperian. It is the perfect blend of RP and PK, and is extremely newbie friendly.
Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:49 PM   #9
SirTank

SirTank is on a distinguished road
I'd suggest checking out Medieval Times if that's the sorta theme yer looking for. Totally free to play, multiplay allowed and encouraged (2), quests, both in game and god run, tons of unique zones, items and interactive mobs. Clan system with active PK. Skill trades, etc etc etc. Please check out the website, and if it looks good, give it a few hours and see if you think you have what it takes to make a Hero.

mud.lordtrox.com 8500

Tank
SirTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:54 PM   #10
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
I'd hate to say it, but you may like "Achaea". It seems to contain all the things you listed. I don't like it because it has a pay-for-perks system. But it seems right up your alley. Well, I guess I'll NEVER get my soul back now!
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:54 AM   #11
Maelgrim

Maelgrim is on a distinguished road
Maelgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:54 AM   #12
Fern

Fern is on a distinguished road
We'd welcome you to Legends of Karinth. While our lack of classes and no-level limit prove confusing to some, many find it quite newcomer-friendly. We welcome questions - in fact we have a special QA channel for that very purpose, and both staff and Helper players participate in providing swift, accurate and polite answers.

Give it a try for a change of pace.
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:59 AM   #13
Alysira

Home MUD: www.realmsofdespair.com:4000
Alysira is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Alysira is offline   Reply With Quote