Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Newbie Help
Click here to Register

Old 06-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
exohuman

Anyone from DartMud?

I heard good things about DartMud but for the life of me can't figure out how to actually get into the game to play. I'm posting on here in the hopes that the creators or a friend of theirs reads this forum, since it is a very watched forum in the mudding community.

I tried to register on the Mud (non-registered accounts are crippled) and it never sent me a registration email (speaking of which, you can't use your real email to register if its on a free service, you have to use the one from your ISP [you know, the one that changes every time you switch ISPs] or worse, your work email). Now my account won't go into the game without the registration code and none of the steps the mud tells you to take are working.

I tried to register in their forum but it doesn't allow me to register for forum access. I know I should probably just give up and play something else, but I figured I'd post here to give the creators a shot at fixing the problem since other new players like me might be trying to get in but can't. Maybe they aren't aware of the issue since people in my situation have no way to communicate and the in-game methods are either denied to them or not working. I don't believe I am the first person to experience this, but I *might* be the first to reach out.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
jackal59mo2

jackal59mo2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Anyone from DartMud?

I'm not an admin on DartMUD and don't play there, so I can't tell you anything about how well they respond to questions. However, their Web-based help files at say to do the following for registration problems other than forgotten registration name/code:

Have you been able to do that? It looks like, if nothing else, it would be a way to get them your non-free service e-mail address.
jackal59mo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
exohuman

exohuman is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I was helped and am now playing!

Just some quick words because I feel compelled to say this: this mud really draws you in like no other. The world is awesome and the players are general welcoming. It has a decent little learning curve but everything about this game seems perfect.
exohuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:04 AM   #4
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Excellent Exohuman. I always like seeing a question and then followup to find out what happened. Thanks for coming back and sharing.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote