Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 01-01-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
Deriveh

Deriveh is on a distinguished road
Carrionfields, been around since 94

Hi everyone, I'm one of the players on .

A really cool MUD that has been around since 1994. (Though I've only played since 98-99 I think.)
As it is with all MUDs the playerbase is slowly wittering down, and as it is now I think the latest published number on avg players logged in is around 30-40ish. (Peaks 80-90ish and during Europe hours 15-25 maybe) This is why I'm posting this, I miss the days when the avg number of players online was 80-90! I doubt we'll ever reach that again, but hopefully we can push it up by 10 or so. The Imm staff is also HIGHLY acctive, constantly evolving, balancing and developing the MUD.)

I'm having a hard time trying to describe what stands out as really good with this MUD as there are so many variables. But I'll try to list a few.

The first thing I always think of when I think of Carrionfields is the Immortal staff and the religions.
Carrion fields has required roleplay. You don't have to follow a religion or so, but you must at all times stay in character. Every immortal (except avatars, the "low-lvl" imms) have their own religion, some even have two, using a interesting sphere system where all players are forced to chose a sphere. (If you act out on it or not is up to you)
You pray to you good/godess and with time and if you're a good follower/priest or whatever they require you might gain their tattoo and a small bit of their powers. (This is NOT easy to obtain, and many players never have, and some never try.)

The second thing I think about is the Cabal system combined with the PK-system. PK is not optional, only level restricted. It's based both on an xp % and level restricted. PK is really what this MUD is about for most of it's players, and it's really awesomly balanced, sure, some classes have a hard time beating another, but then they have it easier with others.
Basicly, the PK is awesome. And the PK combined with the relgions and the RP aspect of it is what makes me still bein heavily addicted after such a long time.

One more thing that I must add, that is vital... The learning curve is steep, very steep. It takes a LONG time to become a kickass player, but you'll start having fun real quick!

I'm not going to try to give more information than this here and now, but there are two sites that you can visit, the official one being and the other, unofficial (where you shouldn't trust everything you read) at
You can access all the help files and ALOT of information about the MUD at the official site, the unofficial site mostly contains maps, discussions on a forum, guesses about game mechanics and whatnot.

You connect to Zmud at carrionfields.org , port: 9999

Please do come and visist us, become an addict yourself! (You PM me on where my handle is Deriveh as well if you want.)

Last edited by Deriveh : 01-01-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Typo
Deriveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
Deriveh

Deriveh is on a distinguished road
Re: Carrionfields, been around since 94

Forgot to say that it's 100% free of course.
Deriveh is offline   Reply With Quote