Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 12-31-2005, 08:01 AM   #1
nass

nass is on a distinguished road
Could someone possibly explain what's happened, I note that they don't seem to be on the list anymore? Did they get booted or did they withdraw, and if the former, exactly what for (just so others like my site arn't making the same mistake).

Thanks in advance!
Nass
nass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:54 AM   #2
imported_Synozeer

imported_Synozeer is on a distinguished road
Medievia was still showing the HELP IVOTE prompt to higher level characters by default, and this prompt would automatically turn back on after 30 days after it was turned off. Vryce decided he would rather not be on the list than follow those rules, and stated he would not change the prompt.

Adam
imported_Synozeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:28 PM   #3
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
So in other words, they are consistently unethical and were cheating YET AGAIN.  May that be the last time their slime is seen about here.  Once a piece of crap, always a piece of crap.  And that sums up Vryce, his dog, and everyone at Medthievia.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:47 PM   #4
nass

nass is on a distinguished road
Well I dunno about that prof1515, but, just to brazenly take advantage of the situation to good-humouredly tease Vryce and Soleil a bit, since Vryce promised he'd shut down Medievia if they didn't get into the top five, and now they can't, let's see if Vryce keeps his word!

Cheers for the reply Synozeer, appreciated.
nass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:56 PM   #5
prof1515

You can't possibly expect pathological liars to keep their word. They'll remain open as long as they can attract insecure children with bank accounts to plop down money to feel like they're not insecure children with bank accounts and so long as noone will or can take any action to stop them from making money through their despicable thievery.

I do second the cheers for Synozeer for booting their/those sorry asses out of here. Way to go!

Take care,

Jason
Old 12-31-2005, 03:39 PM   #6
mild mudder

mild mudder is on a distinguished road
I'd like to point out to prof1515 that it was Vryce's own playerbase who began the threads against him. And they did it because it was bull and it needed to be stopped before it spread.

My point? Quit bashing the entirety of the playerbase. Quite a few know what's right and what's wrong, and Medievia is losing more players all the time, whether V acknowledges that or not. And you don't want to help ruin your mud's chances of attracting those players, therefore increasing your own base, do you?

Think about what you say before you say it. That's all I have to say.

-mm
mild mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 04:48 PM   #7
prof1515

This wasn't the first unethical act by Medievia (and I doubt it'll be the last). One wrong's fine but two isn't? The playerbase has to be aware of that and yet they still play. Now, if they're not aware, my apologies to those who aren't and I suggest they look into it. It's not hard to learn all the details of Medievia's disgraceful history (or just read Medievia's own take on it and realize the exact opposite is true).

As for recruiting from Medievia's pbase, I doubt I'll likely appeal to many of them as we're an RPI with a heavy emphasis on socio-cultural RP rather than H&S or even combat-emphasized RP. However, they're all welcome to try the MUD when we open in a few years even if I doubt it'll appeal to the vast majority of them.

Take care,

Jason
Old 12-31-2005, 09:41 PM   #8
Davairus

Davairus is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe they've forecasted receiving more overall traffic from all the other sites they list at using their new vote system, compared to what they'd get overall if they also complied with topmudsites. It'd be presumptious to assume he's just behaving like a baby, when there are obvious logical conclusions to make here... I'm not taking sides here you understand, I just wished to point out that there is an alternative more reasonable explanation for what they've decided to do. For the record.
Davairus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:55 PM   #9
betrayed.by.gods

betrayed.by.gods is on a distinguished road
betrayed.by.gods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:55 PM   #10
Daedroth

Daedroth is on a distinguished road
Daedroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:22 PM   #11
prof1515

Sounds like he was upset that they couldn't cheat and as a result couldn't make it to #1 and realized eventually, when the novelty of voting had worn off (just like it does for many MUDs), their votes would decline and they'd end up getting shown up by the legitimate commercial MUDs.

Can't be #1. Can't cheat to be #1. Take ball and go home.

Sounds like that's what happened.

Take care,

Jason

P.S.--Adam was "man enough" to let them go. Too bad Vryce isn't man enough to admit he's a thief and make amends. As has been said many a time. Good riddance to bad trash.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:59 PM   #12
betrayed.by.gods

betrayed.by.gods is on a distinguished road
Vryce is my hero. I was going to retire from medievia completely, but it's so amusing to see what he posts to immortal channel. I wish I were so delusional, would probably help my self esteem, as it seems to have already helped his.
betrayed.by.gods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:20 AM   #13
Davairus

Davairus is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok. A rational explanation is now completely out of the question, then. I'll just comment with a "wah wah wah" due to my wasted braincells thinking one up.
Davairus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #14
littleduckie

littleduckie is on a distinguished road
There were several explanations over several occasions by the game owners to explain the move (particularly ones by Soleil).

betrayed by gods, as he has had been doing, just once again chose to selectively paste the most controversial sounding immlogs related to this issue as it serves his agenda.
littleduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:18 PM   #15
Anitra

Anitra is on a distinguished road
Anitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #16
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:12 PM   #17
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Although obviously Medievia deserved to be kicked off the list and although obviously Vyrce seems like a complete jerk, let's not blame the players. I mean, I think it's horrible of google to censor sites out in China at the behest of the Chinese government, just so they can make more money, but I hardly think it's appropriate to slam everyone who uses Google because of that.

Still, I have to say, Medievia's rampant cheating and refusal to play fair makes me regret ever wasting my time trying to be nice to them. I'm just glad they're gone and that they had to run out with their tail between their proverbial legs, unable to beat MUDs that compete within the rules. Good riddance.
--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:17 PM   #18
mammitu

mammitu is on a distinguished road
Would like to point out that Medievia still has banners on topmudsites.com. I assume they paid for the advertsing though, no? And medievia is still listed on topmudsites' mud listing.

Just becuase it had to be pointed out..
mammitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #19
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
Thanks for making that call, Synozeer. Good to see that everyone plays by the same rules here. Bad to see that Vryce is still Vryce.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #20
GuruPlayer

GuruPlayer is on a distinguished road
Wink

I see one of the Medithievia fans is doing Vryce's bidding ([Sat Dec 31 227] Vryce(148):: post good reviews of medievia on topmudsites to **** them off) & revived the Medithievia promotions thread.  Geez, I tried their MUD before I found out about their lack of morals, & I can't understand why anyone would want to play on it, 4 classes only & boring as hell.  They are living proof, with every new player, that there is a sucker born every minute.
GuruPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote

medievia gone? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Medievia V Soleil Advertising for Players 8 07-03-2006 12:12 PM
New Changes to Medievia! Soleil Advertising for Players 4 10-09-2005 12:44 PM
Welcome, Medievia the_logos Tavern of the Blue Hand 79 09-10-2005 06:19 PM
Medievia V is here! Soleil Advertising for Players 0 06-28-2005 04:29 PM
Medievia Anzerion Advertising for Players 60 05-12-2005 08:10 PM