Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 10-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
valan

Home MUD: WoTMUD
valan is on a distinguished road
Using a script to vote

I've looked through the rules and didn't notice anything specifically against this (but I may have missed it). Is it allowed to create a script to vote automatically for me? Mostly because of my short memory and I can't remember if I voted today, voted twice today, or didn't vote at all. I'm sure I've voted more than I'm supposed to a couple times, hopefully though it has been caught and discarded and my memory problems won't cause it to appear as if I'm cheating. A script (such as one I could put in my crontab) will vote for me at the appropriate times within the rules so I won't have to play the memory game every day. Wouldn't surprise me at all if other people are doing this, but mostly I wanted to ensure it was within the rules before I do it and to hear other people's opinions on it.
valan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:42 AM   #2
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Using a script to vote

In my opinion, I dont see a problem with setting yourself up a reminder using something like Outlook, or even just a windows shceduled task which runs a file that pops up VOTE. You then have to manually go to the site and do the deed. This is just like reminding yourself that its 'ballott' day.

As for an automated system that votes without input, anyone who does not see this as cheating on any site that uses voting clearly has a very dubious opinion of what is fair. You will not find any automated voting machines in any democracy.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
valan

Home MUD: WoTMUD
valan is on a distinguished road
Re: Using a script to vote

That's fine I can easily do something like that. Thanks for the reply.
valan is offline   Reply With Quote