Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Administration
Click here to Register

Old 02-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
Etonix

Etonix is on a distinguished road
Okay. I am using Merentha Lib 1.2.0-A..
I'm wondering, if anyone using the Merentha Lib, has the eFun shadow() somewhere in there. I have not been able to find it, and desperately need it. Any help is much appreciated!

-Etonix
Etonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #2
rotm_adm

rotm_adm is on a distinguished road
Which driver are you using?

Under Amylaar and LDMud, the shadow() function is defined under the driver's simulate.c, stralloc.c and func_spec portions.
rotm_adm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 03:59 AM   #3
Etonix

That's the problem, the driver is a binary file, and I'm not quite sure how I would change it.. Probably by just downloading the driver it's self, but all the eFuns are defined within the lib. It's running on MudOS 2.4.3(5?)
Old 02-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
rotm_adm

Did you compile the driver or did someone else? You should be able to look in the driver code and see where its defined.

As for the MudOS release, the latest one is like v22.2b14. I have a feeling the version you are getting is the older mudlib 2.4.5 core that has been converted to run under MudOS or that someone has compiled the driver and packaged it with the mudlib as a drop-n-run setup rather than allowing you to understand how to compile and use the game environment to its fullest.

Btw, did you look at the Merentha website, and look carefully at the file? It is defined w/ 'NO_SHADOWS'.

And since we are on the topic of LPMuds, I recommend you take a look at the as it has several differnt mudlibs, drivers, code snippets and documentation available geared for the different LPMud environments.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
Etonix

Well, I _would_ look at the Merentha website, but it's down.
Secondly, even though NO_SHADOWS is compiled in...
There is a man file for the eFun, and other eFuns related to it.
The driver was pre compiled, it's just a binary file with nothing else but local_options, and config.lib in the directory.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:55 PM   #6
rotm_adm

The Merentha website is . The '8080' is important.

As for the documentation to shadows(), if the driver is disabled the efun, the man pages and references in the mudlib won't work no matter what you try to do.

Honestly, if I were doing the mud, I have at least have the source code rather than just the binary as you don't know what files have been modified and why.

If you really want to get involved w/ LPMuds, either download the LDMud driver along with the Heaven7 mudlib or the MudOS driver w/ the Dead Souls V2.0 mudlib. Either one is easy to modify to your liking.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Merentha Lib - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Merentha MUDlib Released Petrarch MUD Administration 0 01-27-2003 01:25 PM