Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 03-26-2006, 06:40 PM   #21
Smith

Smith is on a distinguished road
I'd have to say that you should really consider donclient - I have tried hard to keep it as simple as possible, while still allowing for numpad directions trigger buttons additional windows and soon MSP. MXP will take a little bit longer because of deciding how to integrate it with the trigger system - but it will come too.

The most important thing to know is that if you want simple triggers - then you choose type trigger - if you want simple aliases - you choose type alias when creating a trigger or alias respectively.

With power you have to have a little more complexity but I'm always working to try and minimise that. Any suggestions on how to make it easier to use without sacrificing flexability, I'm always interested.
Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:38 PM   #22
Zion-Altari

Zion-Altari is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zion-Altari Send a message via MSN to Zion-Altari Send a message via Yahoo to Zion-Altari
Hmm... I'm not gonna go in a big rant about whhy i use what i use, and why everyone else should use it. But for what I need, and use, Portal seems to be pretty easy for me. Free, and fairly easy to use, it's just what I prefer to use.

Also, just for another name to the list. I'm not sure how popular it is, but I know quite a few people who use ROAclient as well. I didn't like it, due to it doesn't echo your commands so you can see what you typed, but asides from that, it's good

- Portal
- ROA Client
Zion-Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:24 AM   #23
SirTank

SirTank is on a distinguished road
right on, yeah I swear by puTTy for ssh, and it's a great terminal program and all, but when you say client....I think that assumes it has a bit more features that simple I/O. I'll putty to a unix server then use tintin or tf.
SirTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:41 AM   #24
Nearlyhugh

Nearlyhugh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Nearlyhugh
I use the tinyfugue MUD client to satisfy my Linux terminal fetish.

Graphics are for nancies.

Nearly'
Nearlyhugh is offline   Reply With Quote

MUD Clients - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom Mud Clients Hephos MUD Announcements 0 09-02-2006 03:29 AM
Custom MUD Clients/Tools Hephos MUD Announcements 1 08-21-2004 08:16 AM
Custom MUD Clients Hephos Advertising for Staff 0 03-11-2004 09:10 PM
Custom MUD Clients/Tools Hephos MUD Announcements 0 02-14-2004 01:49 PM
Customizing mud clients.. melopene Tavern of the Blue Hand 1 05-05-2002 03:37 PM