Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 04-29-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
Angie

Home MUD: God Wars II
Angie is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
If you like SoI, you may like .  It's less roleplay intensive than SoI, but it's still set in Tolkien's universe. The password screen doesn't display the letters you type in your password for security reasons, so just type in your password and press enter then type it in again.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #3
erdos

Definitely amnon's Assault mud. Senseless, nonstop PK... cut to the chase, no nonsense, just build a base and weep as someone grinds it down into sawdust, then rebuild a bit wiser and go grind their base into sawdust in return. Only complaint would be the fruity coloring scheme.

Another promising mud in future years may be godwars2... dunno though. The development is exceedingly long, so it's a wildcard, maybe it'll be the coolest thing since Pong, or maybe it'll be a complete letdown. Anyway at this rate by the time it's actually finished, everyone will be too busy getting blowjobs in their virtual reality holodecks.

Realms of despair was great half a decade ago. Returned and played there briefly recently, it's just not the same.

Vampire Wars was even better pk than Assault, back when it existed. The day Joker took VW down, you could say the 60's ended all over again. Except instead of the end of hippy rallies, it was the end of high paced frantic PK frenzy. Various VW "sequels" have arisen; all are pure garbage. People take Joker's delicate formula and jam a thick diseased dildo in it. Guys, there was a REASON Joker had things set up the way they were!

I'll cheat and say Dragonspun Faerietales even though I built there for a long time-- it should be legal just because it's been closed forever. DSFT was a great laid-back "no pressure" smaug mud, small close-knit community...
Old 05-11-2005, 03:46 AM   #4
mudnutx

mudnutx is on a distinguished road
Legends of karinth is a great MUD with an intricate skill and spell system but I wish its small playerbase would grow a bit.

I have really struggled to find any MUD that I reaaly like. To me, a MUD is a Multi User Dungeon, I.E interaction with other players with a common aim should always be possible; to me even if the playerbase is 1 million, if they are all doing their own separate thing it is not a MUD; it is a solo game with other players as an afterthought and I hate that.

I even tried commercial MUDs at one stage. I treid Runescape but the tutorial sucks; I was directed to find brown rocks and there were none??

I agree that assault is a great MUD if you can work out what is going on. I couldn't find anyone else's bases to attack??

Perhaps I just suck at playing and I should stick to building.

To me a MUD should have an overall purpose for the player. avalon has its jewel hunts thta gain Godhood and shattered world has a purpose of becming king or queen. While there was a lot I did not like about those 2 MUDs at least they imposed a broad aim onto the playing rather than mindless ad hoc mob killing or acquiring loot ad infinitum.
mudnutx is offline   Reply With Quote

The other muds we love - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you love leveling? ScourgeX Advertising for Players 0 05-05-2006 05:44 PM
Room for Love SolViLune Tavern of the Blue Hand 4 10-06-2003 10:05 AM
RP Muds.....again Realedazed Advertising for Players 3 08-14-2003 10:43 AM
Wiki love the_logos MUD Administration 3 06-06-2003 06:49 AM
Online Love (through marriage) DSer Tavern of the Blue Hand 5 05-14-2002 06:49 AM