Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 06-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #21
Katoki

Katoki is on a distinguished road
Re: Lost Wishes!

Finally after waiting 4 days i get my forums access granted....

And finally i can put you in your place Dark Acacia.
Why because i am the one who helped you and i remember you precisely. because i repeat over and over and over and over and over and over and over that you need to do, but u sat there and asked the same question again completely ignoring me. So once again here is the reason you didnt get any xp/gxp from the fighting

I told you to assist me in fighting you did not so therefore you do not gain gxp or xp from sitting there not attacking anything while another member in your party is. So you did not gain gxp because you were not fighting the mob i was tanking for you because you didnt listen when i told you to 'assist myname' You did not gain xp because you didnt not to 5% damage in the party...once again because you failed to follow simple and basic instructions.

I remember explaining the vials to you as well all you had to do was type "shoot" and you would of seen the effect and when i told you to do so you didnt..how do i know..i would of seen it as well.

i also gave you a bunch of eq some of it you couldnt wear wield so you dropped it i picked it back up. then we i returned to eq that was your level you never responded,

To your #2 you want to be a credit to the team. at low lvls thats next to impossible(unless your me...or a mage)
We drag lower level players to get them gxp which makes getting xp alot easier while soloing, more gxp = faster xp. So shut up take the drag listen to instructions and once you get passed that low lvls -25 then we higher lvls will teach your more about the mud, i have played this mud for 10+ years and i give my knowledge to everyone...i like....but it comes at a price

So next time you wanna bitch about a mud. Make sure the person who helped you isnt around and that it was "user error" first.

Rule 1 of computers and everything about them: If there is a problem first check the user.
Katoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #22
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road

No one said anything about a "shoot" command, unless it was lost in the endless waves of unmanageable combat spam. There's no battle text command to reduce combat spam, therefore when I was in a party, the start of each round would be pushed way up and out of my screen. If someone was going to answer my questions about gladiator abilities, why were they never [re-]answered at any point when I was in solo combat and asking on the newbie channel anyway? This is the first mention I've ever seen of a "shoot" command. I don't even know what it does.

The assist command was new to me, but by the second or third battle in a party I was getting the hang of entering it when battle started. Again, combat spam in parties is a huge problem and my commands would be pushed way out of the screen so I can't be sure that a command worked.

Once again, I told everyone who asked about the equipment I was given that I was unable to use it.

I don't know why this keeps coming up, but I think poor reading comprehension is a problem. Also, I think a factor here would be the severe butthurt a few people are experiencing because they think that their game is Best. Game. EVER. and can't fathom why someone wouldn't agree.

At least Eshlam was willing to hold back on the insults and go to PM to see what exactly I was having problems with in the game.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #23
Katoki

It keeps coming up because you mention it in every single post.

And if you think think i joined this argument because i think lw is the best game ever?

Then you sir are sadly mistaken.

lost wishes in a roll up:
boring
lack of creative mobs
very quest dependant
player base is massively split between europe and america
lack of immortals
lack of new content
combat is spammy, while beautiful.. its boring from lack of player interaction just as skills
The evil Blackdragons like to eat newbies(*burp*hiccup*)

so being lw the best game ever faaaaarrrr from it.
But i cant stand someone who lies about a game and the experience he had just to make the game look bad and to fish for players for whatever mud he plays.. as i have seen this us not the only place you post this kind of review. I remember every newbie i help and normally why i made then quit as well... its my specialty. but you i also remember clearly. and it was because i gave up on you for your lack of listening skills *cough* last chat, last team, ehist,*cough* you would of learned those commands in mudschool if you would of payed attention. so no excuses there. also i always explain how team work opon joining a party with a newbie
So next time you want to dis a mud... make sure it waznt user error

sorry was on mobile
Old 06-17-2013, 10:01 PM   #24
DarkHades

Home MUD: Lost Wishes
DarkHades is on a distinguished road

Last edited by DarkHades : 06-18-2013 at 06:29 PM.
DarkHades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #25
Vaan

Vaan is on a distinguished road

In attempt to get past the drama created here I'll quickly touch upon a couple of what I consider Lost Wishes' strengths.

-A tight-knit community who are all here to have fun. The people here are quite friendly despite the previous transgressions you may have read. The atmosphere is very social and you're free to interact with whomever you wish on multiple chat channels with no RP implications in doing so. This makes for a fun light-hearted setting and allows the players to get to know one another.

-Guilds that are actually pretty interesting. I've found the guilds and skillsets therein to be pretty unique here. Different wizards were assigned to building specific guilds so many of them have a uniqueness factor and aren't just carbon-copies of other skillsets with different text flavor. They do go through a balance check by all administration to try and keep power in balance. You'll find some guilds here that you don't see on many other MUDs - Elementals (different from standard mages) Acolytes (dark priests) Werewolves, Golems, Gargoyles, Necromancers, Engineers and Wayfarers (Ranger/Beastmaster type) They also offer many of the classics such as Mages, Clerics, Bandits, Gladiators, Good and Evil Knights (Dragonspawn and Blackdragon, respectively) The guild skills are straight up fun to use as others have mentioned. A lot of color and description in each skill if that's you're thing. It makes fighting quite fun and helps take away from the tedium sometimes.

-Tons of well-written areas, most of which feature integrated quests along with them. I personally found it fun to do the quests once you get the hang of them. Many provide a unique line in your description and I found it an addicting challenge to collect as many as I could.

-The overall design of the MUD. To put it simply, it's a pretty world with a convenient compass-map to help with movement. One thing I enjoy about LW is that it's colorful without being ridiculous. Some of the skills are colorful but when simply moving around the world it's seamless and cohesive. Much of the world is accessed via sailing which I think is a cool touch to the game. Each continent hosts tons of areas and a home city.

-Endless content. There's not a regular level cap and though there is a maximum 'guild level' for some of the guilds, this is normally VERY difficult to reach. (Years of hard work) and in the past if too many reach a maximum level, the wizards will add new content with new skills to attain.

Overall this is a fun MUD for the social, PVE hack and slash type crowd. You don't have to take it too seriously but you can also get into your character as the guilds are pretty interesting and well-written. Give it a try if these are things you look for in a MUD!
Vaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #26
DarkHades

Old 06-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #27
Darren Brimhall

Darren Brimhall is on a distinguished road

While not a player of Lost Wishes, I have to wonder from reading if DA's problems in leveling up are either;

Time Related: as in the player can only gain so much exsperience in a given amount of time (say X amount per hour), or how active the player is--which is how Ironclaw rewards its players with Character Points, with a limit of 10 points per day.

or,

There's a glitch in the programming that effects this player. Stuff like that happens, and its frustrating to all hell.

Darren Brimhall
Darren Brimhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #28
Katoki

None above are correct or true.
99% of the time its user error.
DA is a simple case of that
Old 06-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #29
Malifax

Malifax is on a distinguished road

This sounds a lot like a game I used to run, though we stressed RP. I'll have to give it a try.

Malifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #30
DarkHades

when a player in lw does not receive experience its due to being in a party with high players killing mobs way past the level of the low player. thus causing only gxp to be earned as you need to cause atleast 5% dmg to earn any exp at all. but to get the gxp you must first assist the attacker and use any guild talents for that extra boost of gxp.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #31
Darren Brimhall

Darren Brimhall is on a distinguished road

So, DA needs to be more active than passive.

Darren Brimhall
Darren Brimhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #32
DarkHades

Correct darren. It was explained to him several times on what to do. he wasnt paying attention so he ended up asking several times on what to do.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #33
DarkOzma

Home MUD: Dragonball Evolution
DarkOzma is on a distinguished road

When is this website going to get some rules about promotion threads? No one should be allowed to talk trash about the MUD being promoted and no one should be allowed to TROLL at all. How is this fair to the guy who took time to advertise his favorite MUD? So now we have a bunch of angry grown men acting like children on a topic they have no business posting on with their childish remarks. Take some advice from Mudconnector and start enforcing trolling on MUD promotion threads.
DarkOzma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #34
Tristan1992

Home MUD: GateWay
Home MUD: Rocky
Home MUD: MUME
Tristan1992 is on a distinguished road

Char not gaining xp? I've run into that on some old Sillymuds where you could only gain up to 2 levels more xp than your level before you had to go and gain them. That doesn't apply here but it does suggest that perhaps there was some requirement you had not met. I've made 2 low levels on LW and neithers' run into such a problem. Perhaps it was guild related, there are 15 guilds I think.
Tristan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #35
Madmax

Name: Max
Home MUD: Lost Wishes!
Home MUD: There is only one MUD.
Madmax is on a distinguished road

There are some later Level requirements encouraging players to quest or take a slight a exp gain penalty but that begins at level 50, by which time the player should be acquainted with the mud. I think the player with the xp issues joined the gladiators which does have requirements that the player use fighting styles and sometimes weapons that the player specializes himself (ie "hone sword" to specialize the sword) and then can gain gxp properly while killing mobs.

Do come and check us out at Lost Wishes. Things started to get a little dusty lately with people getting older and having families and graduating from college but the dust is getting blown off as we strive to add a little extra vitality to our home away from (and at) home.

~Max
Madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #36
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road

This is a lie.

So the emperor has no clothes now? Are you going to push for a rule which forbids any public criticism of a game? I wonder how this attitude would fly if it were applied to cinema critics.

I mentioned it as often as I did because everyone came out of the woodwork to insist that LW is perfect and that I was the one with the problem, and it's easier and more fun to do that than admit that there might be some problems with the game. Why shouldn't I explain myself all over again if it's quite clear that others are making straw men?

Just take a look at the trash talking that goes on in LW chat on a regular basis, even when it's not about dark acacia.

I'm generally turned off by games where the community is comfortable with using the r~~~~~ and f~~~~~ words on public channels.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #37
DarkHades

lol you clearly did not.play long enough. we don't trash talk anyone in chat ever! so again make a character and try to play. now stop trying to retaliate and go play another mud that reqs you to pay out the ass to play. now this topic was to advertise the game and not for you to give a review on it. now I'm ending this nonsense. we are all gamers just with different taste so DA kindly move on to your next "review".
Old 07-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #38
Cyanide[LW]

Cyanide[LW] is on a distinguished road

Lost Wishes MuD.

The MuD itself has been my home for a little over 10 years now, I hate to see certain unnamed persons attacking this MuD when they have literally NO EXPERIENCE. This is a family mud, but as far as that goes it's entirely up to the player population to keep it that way. If you do not like the way a person is talking, you may feel free to email or use the ingame silence command. There are also the commands of closing the commlines and ignoring the person all together.

The MuD has over 300 Areas easy, most of these areas have nearly 20-50 Rooms.
There are thousands of Items available and many Race, Guilds, Clans.

We have a slightly Inactive builder base, but that changes a lot when summer time is upon us.

There is a large idea system that lets you submit your idea from anywhere at any time.

This is a very well thought out and well built MuD with minimal bugs as of the current time 2:53PM Central Time Zone July 2nd 2013.

Thanks For Reading.
~Cyanide

P.S. See ya in game!
Cyanide[LW] is offline   Reply With Quote