Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 02-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #41
IZDemon

Home MUD: Shattered Isles
IZDemon is on a distinguished road
Re: iPhone MUD Client

I have an iPhone 4 and I have tried using Pocket Mud and the TMS Game Client, Both are free but neither one would work with my MUD. I finally went ahead and bought MobileMud for .99 and it so far is working great.

The only issue I have, is that the screen does not scroll automatically as I navigate through the MUD. Is this typical of these types of clients? Also, does anyone know if it is worth the extra 2 bucks and use MudMaster instead? I'm hesitant to try it to find out it does not work. It's only 3 bucks so I guess I am just being cheap. lol
IZDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:44 PM   #42
plamzi

Home MUD: bedlam.mudportal.com:9000
Home MUD: www.mudportal.com
plamzi is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm the dev of MUDMaster for iPhone. I tested the latest version of the app with Isles of Aedin and everything works fine (scrolling, etc) except for the directional buttons. It's a server-specific issue that will be corrected with next update, due to come out in two weeks at most. Until then, the directional buttons can be hidden and you can use macro buttons and manual s, n, e, w, etc. to move around.

Hope this helps.
plamzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #43
IZDemon

Awesome, thanks. I'll have to check it out.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #44
IZDemon

Ok, so I went ahead and purchased your app but I am confused on how to take advanatage of a few of the features. I am not very technologically savy, therefore I have trouble with things that are simple for most people. I have read the help files but I cant make sense out of how to get status bars to show up.

I'd like to display my health, Ftg, and Mana.
HP153/FTG60/MP36

How do I do this? I tried doing things like [rr/153health=redbar...etc but it says unknown command.

Also, how do I make the keyboard transparent? I'll try to get into how to make macro's and triggers later. I'd like to get a disguise and a hiding script but I dont know how.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #45
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

You are being cheap . Did you get your other answers you asked? I'm curious which app you found works the best. I have some interest in Iphone/Bberry apps.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #46
IZDemon

I'm using MudMaster but I have not learned how to use the triggers or display my health and Ftg. Also, I am still waiting for the update that will allow me to use the directional arrows, rather than manually typing in which direction I wish to move.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #47
Anjanas

Anjanas is on a distinguished road

I tried Pocket Mud and thought that worked alright, but mudding from a cell phone is difficult at best.
Anjanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #48
plamzi

Here's , which explains how to use triggers and lots more. Displaying status bars is also accomplished by triggers, which will ideally key off of your status prompt. The help file is also accessible by tapping (?) at the main menu.

The MUDMaster update which fixes directional buttons for your MUD is ready to submit to Apple. But in the case of your home MUD (Isles of Aedin), you'll also need to contact the dev and ask them to support spelled out direction commands, i. e. not just "s" but "south", not just "ne" but also "northeast". Their tutorial says those are accepted commands but they're not being recognized when typed. I tried to find an email for the dev to ask him that but could not.

Depending on how much time I have, I may add a way to override what exactly those directional buttons are sending, but that would be a lot more difficult to set up than asking the MUD dev to support movement commands that should be pretty much universal.

Hope this helps,
P.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #49
plamzi

Here are answers to your specific questions. More details and examples can be found in the MUDMaster help file.

To display status bars, you'll need to grab not only the current value but also the maximum value (the app needs to know both to be able to fill out the bar). So, using your server's custom prompt capabilities, you'll need to configure a prompt that shows both. For example:

HP144/153 FTG40/60 MP36/36

With the above prompt set up, you do:

trig on mytrigs (starts a new trigger set called 'mytrigs')
trig HPrr/RR=redbar
trig FTGbb/BB=bluebar
trig MPgg/GG=greenbar
trig attach (autoenables the trigger set mytrigs when you connect to the current MUD)

Basically, you put 'rr' where the current value number is, and RR where the max value is, etc.

When you define these triggers, you should see all the bars, and your prompt should disappear.

Keyboard transparency is turned on in settings -- tap the cogwheel icon in the main app menu.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #50
IZDemon

Thanks for the info