Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Builders and Areas
Click here to Register

Old 03-09-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
kingarthyr

kingarthyr is on a distinguished road
I'm looking for dedicated builders for a modified Mordor code base. Experience NOT required, just dedication, creativity, and willingness to give it your all.

MUD Information:

Name: Death's Realm MUD

Premise/Theme: Fantasy - Medevel-type

World: Multiple start worlds w/ Planes

Some features:

50 Pre-Coded Levels
32 Playable Classes, 4 Immortal Classes
19 Races
8 Spell Levels
5 Start Worlds (1 currently actively being built)

First and last names will be available, as well as pets/familiars, a completely re-designed Combat and Magic system. The game will NOT be all hack n slash, as there will be many quests involved in the game for spells, special items, and more.

We have world and race/class restrictions (not all races/classes available to all worlds, and a logical basis for race/class combinations based in an AD&D style logic)

We have in game building, active owner (me) who is also the head DM and head builder (I never expect my immortals to do all the work, we're a team, I'm the captain.) Game play was designed for 2 years PRIOR to code base was even chosen, let alone anything built. This was done so the game mechanics, balance, etc was not haphazard or on the fly.

The mud is currently in the initial building stages but growing larger day by day. Currently over 2500 rooms have been built, and this is about 5% or so of this world.

If you'd like to get into a MUD at the ground floor, then opportunity is knocking. I always listen to the ideas of my mortals (and players), and if they'd benefit the mud, they get added and credit is given for the idea so everyone can see.
In that line, promotion to higher immortal status is done via merit, not time.

Now for those of you who'd like to know more, please email me at Please, serious inquiries only. If you don't plan on sticking around and doing the work, please don't apply.

Paladine,
Owner, Game Designer
Part-time Coder, Full Time
DM, Head Builder, Web Designer

(I wear a lot of hats, I shoulda been born a hydra...hehe)

Oh, btw, please bring a sense of commitment, sense of humor. I only provide the midnight oil, the cots in the immortal lounge (rumor has it I'm installing a "still" in a secret panel in the immortal lounge).
kingarthyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for Builders - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coders/Head Builders/Builders/Idea Makers Wanted xunil Advertising for Staff 0 05-23-2005 05:29 PM