Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2005, 05:10 PM   #21
Ilkidarios
Senior Member
 
Ilkidarios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Name: Lamont
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 436
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Yeah, if it wasn't for Tyche, this forum might never have had that same "constant battleground" feel that it did. As much as I say stuff like this, I actually liked Tyche, the forum was more fun when he was around. I especially liked how he and other people would derail all the good threads and turn them into blatant flames of each other. (I'm not going to name names of anyone else besides Tyche because no one likes it when people name names)
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:25 AM   #22
Angie
Member
 
Angie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Prague
Home MUD: God Wars II
Posts: 134
Angie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Armonis @ July 21 2005,10:50)
Numerous people left after Molly from 4D did. Her comments about Tyche and others were carefully weighed, and many people do not want to be involved in a community associated with him.
Molly, like many others, left because of the sad state of the TMS forums. I suspect you have confused Tyche with the_logos.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #23
Threshold
Legend
 
Threshold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Posts: 1,242
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Angie @ July 22 2005,02:25)
Molly, like many others, left because of the sad state of the TMS forums. I suspect you have confused Tyche with the_logos.
The departure of Molly and Tyche has actually been a boon to the forums.

Soon after they left, there were a TON of excellent discussions that for once did not get derailed into a bunch of BS.

Also, Molly was one of the worst of the "wanna-be-mud-developer who actually knows jack squat." Any forum she pollutes is never going to have much substance to it.

The discussions that DO take place on TMS now are much improved. There may be less activity, but is it really a bad thing to have less flames and less mindless drivel?
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:42 PM   #24
Angie
Member
 
Angie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Prague
Home MUD: God Wars II
Posts: 134
Angie is on a distinguished road
To each his own. If you find the discussions here interesting, good for you. I find most of them boring and superficial and prefer the discussions over at mudlab. With Molly and Tyche.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:35 PM   #25
Ilkidarios
Senior Member
 
Ilkidarios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Name: Lamont
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 436
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Thresh is right, though I would have put it less bluntly, Molly did have her personal "vendettas" against many people in lots of threads that could have evolved into interesting conversations.  Remember my thread about race originality?  It devolved into a flame war because somebody said something about 4D's races and so Molly felt the need to carry on an arguement with this person in the middle of the thread.  It fell off not long after that.  Of course, I'm not saying it was Molly's fault somebody said her game's races were not original, I just don't see why she had to fight with this particular person. I'm not saying I haven't participated in any flame wars, but most of them were on topic, even if they WERE in the flames thread.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 12:37 AM   #26
Tavish
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 130
Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
Hopefully everything has quieted down because people are actually working on their games instead of talking about working on their games. Somehow I don't think thats the real reason though.
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:04 AM   #27
Ilkidarios
Senior Member
 
Ilkidarios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Name: Lamont
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 436
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Tavish @ July 23 2005,01:37)
Hopefully everything has quieted down because people are actually working on their games instead of talking about working on their games.  Somehow I don't think thats the real reason though.
Yeah, they're probably just lazy.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:21 AM   #28
Threshold
Legend
 
Threshold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Posts: 1,242
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Angie @ July 22 2005,19:42)
To each his own. If you find the discussions here interesting, good for you. I find most of them boring and superficial and prefer the discussions over at mudlab. With Molly and Tyche.
And yet here you are, posting away, and making sure to tell us you think some other place is better.

In over a decade of playing and making MUDs, I have watched MANY times where members of one community ran off to try and do better.

You always know when they are failing when they have to send people back to the original to tell everyone how that one has gone down in quality, how the new one is so much better, etc.

There's a word for it. Its called: floundering.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:55 AM   #29
Daedroth
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 56
Daedroth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Threshold @ July 23 2005,03:21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie,July 22 2005,19:42
To each his own. If you find the discussions here interesting, good for you. I find most of them boring and superficial and prefer the discussions over at mudlab. With Molly and Tyche.
And yet here you are, posting away, and making sure to tell us you think some other place is better.

In over a decade of playing and making MUDs, I have watched MANY times where members of one community ran off to try and do better.

You always know when they are failing when they have to send people back to the original to tell everyone how that one has gone down in quality, how the new one is so much better, etc.

There's a word for it. Its called: floundering.
Heres a thought, ever heard of the taskbar? It allows you to multi-task, among other things... Perhaps she is just posting on both at the same time?

edit: sorry, I put he instead of she...
Daedroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 09:51 AM   #30
Sinuhe
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 55
Sinuhe is on a distinguished road
Ilkidarios wrote: July 22 2005,22:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Thresh is right, though I would have put it less bluntly, Molly did have her personal "vendettas" against many people in lots of threads that could have evolved into interesting conversations.  Remember my thread about race originality?  It devolved into a flame war because somebody said something about 4D's races and so Molly felt the need to carry on an arguement with this person in the middle of the thread.  It fell off not long after that.  Of course, I'm not saying it was Molly's fault somebody said her game's races were not original, I just don't see why she had to fight with this particular person.
I suppose it never occurred to you that the person who actually ‘derailed’ your thread was the one that originally attacked her? Most posters defend themselves when attacked.

Threshold wrote: July 23 2005,03:21


Quote:
Originally Posted by
And yet here you are, posting away, and making sure to tell us you think some other place is better.

In over a decade of playing and making MUDs, I have watched MANY times where members of one community ran off to try and do better.

You always know when they are failing when they have to send people back to the original to tell everyone how that one has gone down in quality, how the new one is so much better, etc.
On what statistics do you found that cocksure statement? While it is true that most new mud efforts fail, it is also true that quite a few ventures that started as a ‘spin-off’ from another mud ended up more successful than the original. In my opinion this has more to do with the seriousness, abilities and willingness to work among the people that develop and run the muds than the origin of those people.

Muds started by twinks usually fold in a short time. Muds started by serious developers usually prevail. They may not always have hundreds of players, but that is not always their goal either.

In case you are referring to ‘The Mind’s Eye’ Boards, my theory is that this forum died from lack of oxygen. The limitations on who was even allowed to join, and the fact that the only opinions allowed seemed to be the ones consistent with those of the management, effectively killed it in a very short time.

As far as the Mudlab.org forum is concerned, it is a totally open forum, and anyone is free to go there and assess the quality of the discussions compared to here. And although it is true that some of the people that are active members there occasionally are still posting here too, it also seems that many of them, including Molly, made a clean cut.

Also I suppose it never entered either of your minds that repeatedly slandering people who aren’t even here to defend themselves is rather tacky, to say the least. If this is what the ethic standard of this forum has fallen to, no wonder all those people left.
Sinuhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 12:46 PM   #31
the_logos
Moderator
 
the_logos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mill Valley, California
Posts: 2,303
the_logos will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Sinuhe @ July 23 2005,10:51)
I suppose it never occurred to you that the person who actually ‘derailed’ your thread was the one that originally attacked her? Most posters defend themselves when attacked.
If I recall, Molly had posted claiming her races were original. Considering that "caucasian human", "faun", and other such non-original races are not original, what did she have to defend herself from? Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to admit she had made an incorrect statement?

Pointing out facts that may contradict your point of view is not an attack, though Molly treated every such instance as one.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:01 PM   #32
Threshold
Legend
 
Threshold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Posts: 1,242
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Daedroth @ July 23 2005,06:55)
Heres a thought, ever heard of the taskbar? It allows you to multi-task, among other things... Perhaps he is just posting on both at the same time?
How is that relevant?

If the other forum was so great, she wouldn't even waste her time coming here at all.

When I've decided a certain forum, blog, whatever is not worth my time, I stop visiting it. I don't pop in every now and then just to tell them how much they suck and how I've found somewhere better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Sinuhe @ July 23 2005,10:51)
Also I suppose it never entered either of your minds that repeatedly slandering people who aren’t even here to defend themselves is rather tacky, to say the least. If this is what the ethic standard of this forum has fallen to, no wonder all those people left.
Aha. So when someone says Molly/Tyche's departure has hurt the forum, and I disagree, and express my opinion that the forum is better without them, that's slander?

You need a dictionary, my friend.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:19 PM   #33
Angie
Member
 
Angie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Prague
Home MUD: God Wars II
Posts: 134
Angie is on a distinguished road
Sheesh. If you really have to know, I came to post here because Molly was bothered by the fact that somebody was putting things into her mouth, and spreading unfounded rumours.

So, once more, for the record: Molly did not leave because of Tyche. Molly likes Tyche. Here is what she has to say about it.

Thankee. My job here is done.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:26 PM   #34
Ilkidarios
Senior Member
 
Ilkidarios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Name: Lamont
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 436
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
No offense to Molly, but I don't really care what she thinks anymore.  She's obviously not here anymore.  If she thinks it's so important to tell people things, she should come here herself, not seek someone else for representation. Again, no offense to anyone, but I do think it's ridiculous to have representatives going from forum to forum telling people that they are "mistaken in their views".
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:07 PM   #35
Jazuela
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: New England
Posts: 846
Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Angie @ July 23 2005,16:19)
Sheesh. If you really have to know, I came to post here because Molly was bothered by the fact that somebody was putting things into her mouth, and spreading unfounded rumours.

So, once more, for the record: Molly did not leave because of Tyche. Molly likes Tyche. Here is what she has to say about it.

Thankee. My job here is done.
I think we all had quite enough of Molly while she was here. We certainly don't need more of her now that she's gone. ESPECIALLY if she doesn't have the balls to come here herself and say what she feels she must say, instead of hiding behind mudlab and sending a lackey on her behalf.

You coming here to say you prefer to be somewhere else is pointless, trollish, and inane. Go somewhere else if it floats your boat, and stop whining about how bad it is here, since you've already made your decision.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:12 PM   #36
Brody
Moderator
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North Carolina
Home MUD: OtherSpace
Posts: 1,599
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Angie @ July 23 2005,16:19)
Sheesh. If you really have to know, I came to post here because Molly was bothered by the fact that somebody was putting things into her mouth, and spreading unfounded rumours.

So, once more, for the record: Molly did not leave because of Tyche. Molly likes Tyche. Here is what she has to say about it.

Thankee. My job here is done.
I have to agree, perhaps a bit more diplomatically, that Molly sending people to TMS to (apparently) defend her while promoting Mudlab is an unfortunate choice of tactics. When she was here, Molly never hesitated to pipe up for herself. If it bothers her so much, she should post here on her own behalf and not rely on a proxy. To do otherwise undermines the potential for respect for her opinion.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 03:06 AM   #37
eiz
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 25
eiz is on a distinguished road
Jesus. Another 4 page yawner.

I thought we were done with this 2 months ago. Sinuhe, Angie, et al.: you are not helping anything. If you don't like this forum, stop posting, stop reading, stop worrying about what someone else might think of you (or Molly). Delete your account like Tyche did, it will save you the temptation.
eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 04:07 AM   #38
Molly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sweden
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Posts: 572
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Jazuela wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by
I think we all had quite enough of Molly while she was here. We certainly don't need more of her now that she's gone. ESPECIALLY if she doesn't have the balls to come here herself and say what she feels she must say, instead of hiding behind mudlab and sending a lackey on her behalf.
Holy Cow.

You people really are a nice lot, aren't you?

I left this Forum months ago, and you still feel the need to discuss me behind my back?

Balls has nothing to do with it, Jazuela. I am not hiding behind anything or anybody. I just don't generally monitor these boards any more.

But since you and Brody and Ilkidaros called me out, I will make one last appearance and 'pipe up' for myself. So here goes:

I don't come to this forum any more because I don't like the turn it has taken, and because the discussions here are of very little interest to me lately. Also, quite frankly, what you and certain other frequent posters on this board think about me is of even less interest  to me. I have had quite enough of most of you too, and the people whose opinions I respect I can meet elsewhere.

What did matter a bit to me was that someone put words in my mouth that were totally inconsistent with my actual opinions. That bothered me a bit, because it involved someone else. It also bothers me that a friend of mine is taking some heat now, because she wanted to do a nice thing for me and spare me the discomfort of returning here myself just to set the record straight. I didn't ask her to do it, it was simply an act of kindness on her side.

If you have nothing better to do with your time than discussing me, feel free to continue doing so. It's all fine by me. Like I said, I don't really care any more.

But at least have the courtesy to not put words in my mouth, or to call me a coward, because I chose not to participate in a place that doesn't interest me.

I will ask Synozeer to delete my account now.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 01:43 PM   #39
Threshold
Legend
 
Threshold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Posts: 1,242
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Jazuela @ July 23 2005,19:07)
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Angie @ July 23 2005,16:19)
Sheesh. If you really have to know, I came to post here because Molly was bothered by the fact that somebody was putting things into her mouth, and spreading unfounded rumours.

So, once more, for the record: Molly did not leave because of Tyche. Molly likes Tyche. Here is what she has to say about it.

Thankee. My job here is done.
I think we all had quite enough of Molly while she was here. We certainly don't need more of her now that she's gone. ESPECIALLY if she doesn't have the balls to come here herself and say what she feels she must say, instead of hiding behind mudlab and sending a lackey on her behalf.

You coming here to say you prefer to be somewhere else is pointless, trollish, and inane. Go somewhere else if it floats your boat, and stop whining about how bad it is here, since you've already made your decision.
Quoted for truth.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 02:00 PM   #40
Threshold
Legend
 
Threshold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Posts: 1,242
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Molly O'Hara @ July 24 2005)
I left this Forum months ago, and you still feel the need to discuss me behind my back?
You left this forum months ago, and yet you still feel the need to send lackies here to defend you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Molly O'Hara @ July 24 2005)
Balls has nothing to do with it, Jazuela. I am not hiding behind anything or anybody. I just don't generally monitor these boards any more.
Uh-huh. And yet you sent a lackey to defend you, and now here you are yourself. Just like you didn't make fake extra accounts on TMS to defend yourself in the past and then cajole Andrew/Icculus into deleting posts where you got caught. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Molly O'Hara @ July 24 2005)
Also, quite frankly, what you and certain other frequent posters on this board think about me is of even less interest to me.
If that were true you wouldn't have sent lackeys to defend you and you wouldn't be here now making this post.


Quote:
Originally Posted by (Molly O'Hara @ July 24 2005)
It also bothers me that a friend of mine is taking some heat now, because she wanted to do a nice thing for me and spare me the discomfort of returning here myself just to set the record straight. I didn't ask her to do it, it was simply an act of kindness on her side.
Hahahahahahahaha. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.


Quote:
Originally Posted by (Molly O'Hara @ July 24 2005)
If you have nothing better to do with your time than discussing me, feel free to continue doing so. It's all fine by me. Like I said, I don't really care any more.
Don't be so full of yourself. You really aren't a topic of conversation. The fact that the sheer JOY of your absence sometimes bubbles up and spills out is not "discussing" you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Molly O'Hara @ July 24 2005)
I will ask Synozeer to delete my account now.
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Is it for real this time? You're like Jason Voorhees.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


What happened to the forum? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Forum Do You Use Fern MUD Administration 7 04-17-2006 08:38 PM
What happened to GodwarsII? erdos Tavern of the Blue Hand 1 12-14-2003 05:22 PM
pk forum again Shao_Long Bugs and Suggestions 30 06-11-2003 09:17 AM
What has happened? Ishamael Tavern of the Blue Hand 5 11-05-2002 03:10 PM
New to the Forum SheWhoHasNoName Introduce Yourself 0 07-20-2002 03:55 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014