Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Newbie Help
Click here to Register

Old 06-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
Rex_Bael

Rex_Bael is on a distinguished road
YALFM Post

Good Day Ladies and Gents,

This is, sorry to say, yet another looking for a MUD post. I am extremely new to MUDs. I have tried a few, admittedly not for long though. I have read most if not all the recent LFM posts and have tried out what was recommended there.

I am looking for a good RP community, very newbie friendly and an active player base. Era/genre doesn't matter too much, not a huge fan of High Fantasy worlds with 10 types of elves, dwarves, humans and hobbits/halflings, but nothing new or interesting though. I will definitely look at anything with a lycan or similar race, hopefully something more than just werewolves.

The games I have tried areHad a look at a few others as well, but these stood out)

BatMUD: Love the client and race selection. Part of the intro quest seemed to be broken as I leveled too quickly and could therefore not do the next part. Mini map helped a lot. Not sure if there is any kind of Pay for perks system. Not sure where it stands on RP.

New Worlds Ateraan: Started out, but kept losing the connection using the recommended client. I'll most likely give it another bash soon. This game stood out mainly due to the active participation in these LFM threads.

Primordiax: Love the client, love the introductory quest/tasks. Crazy about the world. Slightly concerned that it is a dead or dying mud. Very few players online while I was playing, still waiting for forum access, site and wiki seems to be dormant.

Dark Risings: Looks interesting, haven't had a chance to actually play though.

I know I am being picky, but since I have a family, am studying and working full time, time is a precious commodity. I cannot afford the time it would take to try every mud out there.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Rex
Rex_Bael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: YALFM Post

We put Primordiax back in beta to finish a few major systems, and we're actually in the process of hiring at least 1 full time, paid programmer to work on it full time.

In the meantime, you might want to check out our other game, . It takes place in the same game world, but 4,000 years earlier in its history.

telnet: thresholdrpg.com:23
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Rex_Bael

Rex_Bael is on a distinguished road
Re: YALFM Post

Thank you for the info Threshold, I will definitely check it out. All the best for the future development of Primordiax. I will keep an eye on it. As I said, I really like what I have seen thus far.
Rex_Bael is offline   Reply With Quote