Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

Congratulations to our Top Jointhesaga.com Roleplayers for May:

OtherSpace: New Journeys: Mika
Chiaroscuro: Duhnen Seamel
Reach of the Empire: Ninyo

RPers who receive the most RP Notable +votes during the previous month are listed as our top JTS roleplayers.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:37 PM   #2
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Ohhh I wanna be like them!!
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:15 PM   #3
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

That's an admirable goal! It's good to have goals.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:20 PM   #4
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
Brody: RPers who receive the most RP Notable +votes during the previous month are listed as our top JTS roleplayers.

How do you handle this kind of voting? Does only staff vote, or do the players rate one another? If the voting is done by players, have you had issues with collusion or ballot-stuffing?

Just curious. We considered adding something like this a while ago (not for contests, really... I think it had more to do with giving players a way to say to the staff "Hey, watch this guy!"), but it got sidetracked by these kinds of issues.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:18 PM   #5
Yev

The players rate each other on the JTS MUSHes.

As a player that spends a great majority of his time on JTS I haven't seen any major issues with collusion from that angle. The main reward is that everyone who gets at least one +vote is given some recognition on the site for that month and they get a little experience (more if they opt to leave a comment to the player they are voting for). It isn't a great deal of experience and the most 'collusion' that goes on is that people vote for people they RP with a lot. That's part of the point of the system though, is it's an easy way once a month to let people know, "Hey, I like RPing with you." The votes are also anonymous so they don't have to know who voted for them unless you want to say so (I do like to sign mine when I remember).

Anyway, as a player I enjoy that little pat on the back that says, "Hey, you're pretty cool and you need to log that character on more often!" :>

Top JTS Roleplayers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for Serious Roleplayers Aidan_RoD Advertising for Players 0 03-17-2005 10:41 PM
Roleplayers Needed! Hyena Priestess Advertising for Players 1 01-28-2005 11:01 PM
Looking for Good Roleplayers Sanvean Advertising for Players 2 09-07-2003 02:01 PM
Adventures Unlimited is looking for roleplayers Ytrewtsu Advertising for Players 2 01-12-2003 10:19 PM
Imaginative Roleplayers Needed! Arielle Advertising for Staff 1 11-12-2002 11:26 AM