Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > Advanced MUD Concepts
Click here to Register

Old 04-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
plamzi

Home MUD: bedlam.mudportal.com:9000
Home MUD: www.mudportal.com
plamzi is on a distinguished road
Possible App$store collaboration

Fellow Devs,

This is a serious offer to collaborate on a commercial project. Please don't waste my time, and yours.

As some of you may know, in recent weeks, I've been working on a major update to my iPhone GUI that I believe will bring it visually on par with any professional MMO sold in the AppStore. It will include over 1,600 professional-grade 3D renders of fantasy environments, mobiles, characters, and items, all of which I am licensed to use commercially.

But, alas, my deeply customized server is Diku-rivative and subject to a license that leaves me with very limited monetizing options. So it occurred to me that there may be someone out there with a server that is not subject to a restrictive license, and who is looking to gain access to a wealth of new customers.

What you will get:What you must have:The ideal server would have a well-developed guild war system, no RP, an SQL database that can be interfaced independently, either directly or via server-side scripts / RESTful. The ideal server would already have a good number of game mechanics that appeal to casual players (e. g. command shortcuts, an easy way to quit and save your progress, fast initial leveling, etc.). A logically linked world is a plus.

The ideal partner(s) will be someone who can provide me with enough solid evidence that they are capable and serious, e. g. by having an existing portfolio of things to show, including a live and playable server that I can take a look at. Some experience with JSON (GMCP) would be good.

What the project will involve:If you are not a single person but a team, the terms of my offer are the same, i. e. I offer 50% of all net profit raised via the iOS app, to be split among you in any way you see fit.

Prospective partners who meet my basic requirements will be able to preview actual gameplay on the app before deciding. Additional screenshots and technical details will also be made available.

Serious inquiries only, preferably using PM. If you have questions that you don't mind making public, I suppose you can post them in this thread.
plamzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Ghostcat

Home MUD: Unwritten Legends
Ghostcat is on a distinguished road
Re: Possible App$store collaboration

Those are remarkably specific requirements.
Ghostcat is offline   Reply With Quote