Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 07-06-2006, 11:08 PM   #1
Gabi

Gabi is on a distinguished road
Hello everyone.

I'm currently looking for a new MUD to spend too much time playing. This is what I'm looking for:

No PK/Limited PK. Not big on getting killed by other players. Die enough to Mobs.

Newbie Friendly. Self-explantory? Don't just drop me into the world without helping me understand it, but then again, reading a description in a room that tells me how to play is boring. Let me live the newbie experience.

Free. Not IRE free. Real free.

Roleplaying! When I join a MUD, I wanna be consumed by the world I'm in. I do not want to hear that Chuck Norris once wrangled a bull then snapped its neck with his bare hands.

Unique Player Crafted Items. Clothes. Homes. Ships. Whatever. Just let me put my creative talents to work.

Did I mention Roleplaying?

A decent sized player base. Logging in and having 4 other people online... not so much fun.

Website. Doesn't have to be the most pretty in the world (though that's a plus), but easily navigated to learn some of the background history of the world is a plus. Much easier to jump into roleplay if you know at least the basics.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Gabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
wyrlum

wyrlum is on a distinguished road
Gabi,

Amitoune offers all of these features except one: we do not have a large player base currently.  We are undergoing the catch-22 of not being able to get new players because of a small number of current players and not being able to get a larger number of current players because of our inability to get new players.  However, if you are willing to see past the small player base, then I believe this is the MUD for you.

Our website:

-wyrlum
wyrlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:19 AM   #3
Anitra

Anitra is on a distinguished road
Try this link:

It goes to Free Quality Mud Collaboration - a list set up to promote high quality and truly Free Muds.
Anitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
fire_phoenix

fire_phoenix is on a distinguished road
You should try the IronRealms MUDs. They're almost completely free but you do get some little perks if you pay. However, if you can manage to make the money in-game, then you can get 100% access to these things anyway. Crafting can be done, but you'll need credits to get a permit to make things, these require credits which are either purchased or obtained through levelling (they come up 5 per 5 levels as "bound credits" which means they cannot be sold). The Ironrealms MUDs are Achaea, Lusternia, Aetolia and Imperian (although I can only tell you of Achaea but the other ones have SIMILAR features with the exception of time layout and some skills, classes and races). They're all top-ranked but may or may not be what you are looking for. In case you're wondering, the basic commands are explained to you in a tutorial at the start of the game that gets you your first 5 levels of experience, at least in Achaea, but probably in the others too. Newbie helpers will explain certain things to you in the newbie channel at request for the first 20 levels of experience but after that you're on your own (except for your class/house/city chat channels who are usually willing to help you)
fire_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #5
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Fire_Phoenix;  the poster had already specified an interest for advertising from Free MUDs, specifically not "IRE free". Please respect people's wishes when it comes to searching for MUDs to play - IRE has enough money to throw towards advertising that they do not need to try to advertise where specifically asked not to.

To the poster; It sounds like you might enjoy an RPI MUD.

Try

Wade's community site for RPI MUDs lists all of the best known RPI MUDs on the net, and gives you background information on their world and links to their websites.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #6
Fifi

Fifi is on a distinguished road
Depends on how much RP you want. If you want a lot, try an RPI. Armageddon or SOI. I personally prefer Armageddon, but there are others I am sure who would say SOI is the way to go.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #7
Fifi

Fifi is on a distinguished road
Whoops, missed the no pk, and it was the first thing on the list. Never mind. Sorry. As you were.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #8
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road
It is hard (in my opinion) to find good role-play without the possibility of character versus character combat existing.

That said I wish you luck in your search. Post back if you find a game that offers all you are looking for. I am sure others would be interested as well.
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote

In Search of A New MUD - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In search of storytelling. Traveler Advertising for Players 6 12-24-2005 04:00 PM
In search of...Agents Brody Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 05-19-2003 07:05 AM
In Search of Arrogance Ltriad Advertising for Staff 0 04-12-2003 11:33 AM
Eq Search? Caharin MUD and RPG Webmasters 8 09-01-2002 10:30 PM
The search continues kleftis Advertising for Players 4 06-29-2002 03:51 PM