Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 12-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
RPMUD Network Update and Congratulations!

The RPMUD Network elections were this weekend and while candidate and voter turnout was miserably low (as expected since we're still in the process of reworking the site), we are pleased to announce that Shadow from Shadows of Isildur won election to one of the three seats. The remaining two were not filled and will remain open until next year's election unless the Operating Committee votes to hold a special election before then to fill them.

The RPMUD Network Operating Committee continues to work on restructuring the site and have begun to physically build the new one. Some of the features are still being refined while others have been decided upon. Still a lot of work ahead of us but we hope to have the renovated site up as soon as we possibly can.

Congratulations, Shadow!

Jason aka Falco
on behalf of
The RPMUD Network Operating Committee
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: RPMUD Network Update and Congratulations!

I still affirm my astute belief that I am the right candidate for Armageddon MUD.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:53 AM   #3
fjin

fjin is on a distinguished road

in

My account has been in this state about few months:
"You have already voted this week. Voting will be reset at midnight EST on Sunday."
fjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515

I was hoping someone else would post this but as none of the others did, I'd like to pass on that the Operating Comittee of The RPMUD Network chose a few offices to help make things smoother. Congratulations to Shadowsdawn for being elected Secretary of the Committee and to Mycroft for being elected Vice-Chair of the Committee. I was elected Chair. These positions mean nothing beyond just helping in the organization of our meetings.

Additionally, the Operating Committee has welcomed a new member. Parhelion was appointed by the Committee to fill one of the two vacancies in the elected seating. She joins Shadow from Shadows of Isildur who was elected back in December. With Parhelion, that brings the membership of the Operating Committee up to seven (of its intended eight, one of the elected seats still being unfilled).

We've been working on the webpage and, despite a few bumps here and there, have been moving along. Several deaths in the family and illnesses have pulled away some of the Committee members over the last couple of months but things are starting to get back into full gear again.

The Committee selected a name and format for our Journal and are continuing to refine guidelines and features involving that and other aspects of the site. There are are a couple other things I'd like to report but the Committee will have to make a few more decisions regarding them before I will. So, more to come in the future.

Finally...

As I messaged, just in case you didn't receive it and for the benefit of those who might have a similar question, the voting was discontinued after numerous cases of abuse were found. The new site will not be using a clicky-voting system.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote