Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 08-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
Laiu

Laiu is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Avalon: The First Age

Firstly, I do not own this MUD. However, I have been a player in this game for almost 10 years, and am excited to announce that many changes are occurring within Avalon: The First Age. such as the new warfare system. Much more is headed our way, as well. It has been decided by the Gods that Avalon: The First Age and Avalon: The Legend of Lives will separate completely, allowing First Age to become its own unique realm.

Avalon: The First Age has been around, roughly, since 1999. As it is not a MUD for everyone, it is definitely a classic in my opinion. It differs from a lot of other text-based games out there in its style and it more certainly has a unique and new warfare system that has been implemented recently by the Gods.

Let me tell you a little about Avalon: The First Age. There are three main cities. Thakria, the evil city of Miracles. Mercinae, the city of light. And Parrius, the old pirate stronghold. At current, there are 18 guilds, some of which share the same profession, that are spread throughout Avalon, some in the cities.:

Guilds that hold the Knight profession:
Knights - Mercinae
Warriors - Parrius
Cavaliers - Thakria

Guilds that hold the Mage profession:
Mages - Mercinae
Enchanters - Parrius

Guilds that hold the Sorcerer profession:
Sorcerers - Thakria

Guilds that hold the Thief profession:
Thieves - Thakria
Brigands - Grey Forest

Guilds that hold the Ranger profession:
Rangers - Greenwood Forest

Guilds that hold the Seer profession:
Mystics - Mercinae
Astrologers - Parrius
Seers - Thakria

Guilds that hold the Loremaster profession:
Alchemists - Mercinae
Artisans - Parrius
Loremasters - Thakria

Guilds that hold the Druid profession
Animists - Northern Greenwood Forest

Guilds that hold the Bard profession
Bards - Mercinae
Minstrels - Thakria

Each city has its own politics. There tend to be three Barons elected to the leadership of each city. The Barons are responsible for running the city as well as welcoming new citizens.

There are Divine Orders in which players may join. It is somewhat player-ran in the higher ranks. However the God of the Order has, of course, the utmost power. The High-Priest/High-Priestess and/or the Chosen One have decent powers within the Order as well.

The Gods are very much apart of the realm, and should be respected above all. The Divine Pantheon do no live under mortal law.

Each player has a chance to ascend to Divine ranks via taking part in the Divine Gem Quests.

Avalon: The First Age has a custom codebase, making it completely and utterly original.

This game is pay to play, with a trial period. However, if you come to enjoy the game but are unable to pay, speak to a God and they may be able to help you.

Please visit the site at

If you are using a client such as ZMUD, you can login to First Age by using:

Host: firstage.net
Port: 23

If you have any questions that I possibly let out, post them here. I will try to answer them promptly.
Laiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
MarinaWhytetower

MarinaWhytetower is on a distinguished road
Re: Avalon: The First Age

You forgot to add that its Pay to Play. That will turn off a lot of people when looking for new MUDs.
MarinaWhytetower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough

Actually the OP didn't forget. It's right there in his/her post:
"This game is pay to play, with a trial period."

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
Fizban

Name: Brandon
Home MUD: The Builder Academy
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Fizban is on a distinguished road

Typical. Not of you to point that out, that I agree with. I'm speaking of not even reading a post thoroughly and then complaining that it doesn't make mention of something that it clearly does. To me it smacks of most people's constant hate and suspicion of everything commercial.

Last edited by Fizban : 09-05-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Fizban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:15 PM   #5
MarinaWhytetower

MarinaWhytetower is on a distinguished road

Interesting of you to note that I 'jumped the gun'. I played Avalon several years ago and even worked on the code source. I'm sorry for not having read the P2P in the synapse. Easily overlooked, I'm sure.
MarinaWhytetower is offline   Reply With Quote