Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 10-15-2004, 09:11 AM   #1
Jay

Jay is on a distinguished road
As there are several folks who have decided to post reviews for a dead MUD, I thought perhaps a forum topic to discuss the demise of TP MUD a better place. If not appropriate that is fine and it can be closed or deleted.

I think that the entry from the database for Turning Point MUD should probably be deleted, or marked closed or whatever so that the silly reviews (and my rebuttles) will stop.

As far as the topic itself goes, yes, TP MUD is gone. For those wanting a copy of the code, I'm sorry, but I'm not making it available to anyone.

For the specific reason the MUD went down, Pleos and Juvkiertauxa did not have the time to run it. Once that happened there was no one I had promised to keep the MUD up for left. I am sorry that I took the MUD away from you if you were one of the active players or immortals. If you were one of the many inactive players or immortals who seem to have a negative opinion about the MUD or not giving out of the code, too bad. I don't particularly care.

If you think I am a spoilt brat for closing the MUD, you can obviously have your opinion. My opinion however is I kept the place open for nine and half years. When the people I was keeping it up for (Pleos and Juvkeirtauxa) were unable to devote time to it, I certainly wasn't going to keep it up for other people I don't know or really have a reason to care about.

Okay, I've said my peace, now whine away if the moderators don't mind it. It will hopefully finally help you to get over it... even if you've been gone for a year and half. If it doesn't help, please seek professional in the mental health field.

Jay, ex-co-owner of Turning Point MUD
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 10:15 AM   #2
Jay

Jay is on a distinguished road
Oh yes, just because I really feel the need to answer this:

"You dropped the forum down so none could have a say and leave no option for others to talk about it and then complain again when you find some few have found an outlet somewhere else and still post your little rebuttle."

I dropped the forum because the MUD is gone. There is nothing forum to support, I'm not spending my time making sure there aren't insane people posting illegal content or something. Jeesh.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:11 PM   #3
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

First, I'm not a Turning Point player. Second, you could have asked Synozeer directly, via email or private message, to remove your listing without the big, defensive 'song and dance.' And, third, er, man, you shut the game down. Accept that players may be upset. You want them to let it go? You need to do the same and lead by example.

Good luck to you and to all of TP's players. There are many more games out there worth playing.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 10:14 PM   #4
Shadyman

Shadyman is on a distinguished road
Shadyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:13 AM   #5
mikosevaar

mikosevaar is on a distinguished road
There are some muds around that havent had an active wizard for ages... But the old players still play it. I dont know TP, never played it, but what would it have hurt to just keep the mud up for them?
mikosevaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
boblinski

Name: Bobby
Home MUD: Savage Realm
boblinski is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to boblinski
Re: The Turning Point MUD Demise

Let me start by saying. I was a player of turning point mud. It was a great mud and I am disappointed that it shut down.

I've tried talking Jay into starting the mud back up too many times now, so- I've decided to create a mud it TP's image.

Any old TPers that would like to help.. or anyone that wants to work on a rom2.4 mud with me please email me at:

Thanks for taking your time to read my post.

Regards,
Bobby.
boblinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #7
julie_grrl

julie_grrl is on a distinguished road

Always sad when a MUD goes down...

best of luck with your future endeavors.
julie_grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #8
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough

Woo Hoo! Impressive thread necromancy. This thread was almost 5 years old!

Good luck with your endeavor. It is an uphill battle, but I imagine there are people out there who would be psyched to have their old favorite mud back.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote

The Turning Point MUD Demise - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Big Changes at The Turning Point Pleos Advertising for Players 1 03-07-2009 05:18 PM
I'm Turning A New Leaf Ilkidarios Tavern of the Blue Hand 3 05-17-2005 07:54 PM
Turning Point MUD: Responding to a review Pleos Tavern of the Blue Hand 21 11-20-2003 11:28 AM
Turning Point in Top 10 Jay Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 08-27-2003 06:29 PM
Turning Reviews Into Threads GenmaC Bugs and Suggestions 22 07-08-2002 09:55 AM