Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 11-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
Zoharn

Zoharn is on a distinguished road
Check out this MUD! ncmud.org 9000

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that Ive been playing this MUD for almost 16 years. I am an
administrator there and although theres not a lot of people on right now, its really a lot of fun.

My goal is to provide everyone who logs on with a fun and exciting experience, and I really hope
that you will check us out. My name is Zoharn, and Ill make sure if Im on to hook you up with
decent starting equipment and spells.

Hope to see you there!!

Again, address is ncmud.org 9000 or 71.6.131.198 9000

-Zoharn
Zoharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
darmir

darmir is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darmir Send a message via Yahoo to darmir
Re: Check out this MUD! ncmud.org 9000

Not very good to advertise a mud! You didn't even mention the name of the mud, theme or anything... Doesn't sound that promising for being around 16 years, which I doubt.
darmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Heathen

Name: Jim
Home MUD: NCMUD (ncmud.org:9000)
Heathen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Heathen
Re: Check out this MUD! ncmud.org 9000

NC has definitely been around for 16 years. I agree the information could be a bit more fleshed out:

Northern Crossroads is a hack 'n slash style MUD that focuses on group involvement and zoning. There are many clubs (similar to guilds on other muds) in which players can join and become part of a community. Sadly right now the player base is rather small - but that just gives new players the opportunity to shine!

Some fun things NC boasts:
On NC you start as one of a base class: cleric, warrior, mage, thief, acolyte, sorcerer, brawler. At level 15 you get a second class out of these. Upon reaching level 50/50 you can become an advanced class: cleric becomes Druid, warrior becomes Blade, thief becomes Assassin, acolyte becomes Monk, sorcerer becomes Warlock, and brawler becomes Berserker. There are 50 more levels like this and at this point a character is well fit to take on (in a group) most of the major challenges in the game. However players also have the option of re-morting at this point, in which they retain a skill of their advanced class and get to start all over again at level 1/0 at another class, as well as some other benefit (maybe permanent sanctuary for instance).

The world is large and varied, as mentioned it is a hack 'n slash style MUD - it is in general themeless, however the zones within the game are very thematic and entertaining. There is the dreaded Silicon Nightmare, to classic fantasy based zones such as Xanth and Narnia. Currently there are 37317 rooms and the immortal community are actively building more zones.

The combat system is very similar to what most of us are accustomed to on Diku systems, however there is a speed element and much involved stun system that makes combat interesting and challenging. To take down powerful mobs in game it takes dedicated groups designed to attack that mobs weaknesses. The more dangerous mobs may even break equipment after killing you.

Immortal run quests are also varied and occur sometimes randomly, there is a capture the flag game, a mud-wide hunt game, a Mortal Kombat game, and sometimes guided quests by immortals.

Anyway Darmir, I hope you check out the Northern Crossroads sometime to see its rich history for yourself. Please let me know what you think in game (I am Heathen on there as well).

Last edited by Heathen : 02-11-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Add MUD address, oops!
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote