Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Coding
Click here to Register

Old 06-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Ceddrwyn

Ceddrwyn is on a distinguished road
leadership stat

I have recently started a mud and I am working on little stuff until I can find a server to host it on. Hopefully, after I get it hosted,I can get a coder to help. Until then, I had an idea of something to add to the code but I am not sure if it is possible, and if it is, it would prob be a large proj.

I want to add a stat called leadership. Based on this stat you would be able to enlist the services of mobsto fight alongside you.
Ceddrwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: leadership stat

I don't know what codebase you're working with, but it sounds like you could take a look at the Rom/Circle/Diku code for the Charm Person spell. Starting with that, you could probably change some stuff around so that it draws on the user's leadership stat rather than his spellcasting ability, and mobs could resist it based on whatever stat you think would make sense rather than their magic resistance.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
Ceddrwyn

Ceddrwyn is on a distinguished road
Re: leadership stat

tbaMUD

I don't want it to be as they are wandering. They would have to go, for instance, to a dwarven village to a shopkeeper and hire dwarven warriors. Plus, I want it to work in conjunction with charisma as well as bad/good/neutral. No resistance except for price. Of course, I don't want negative alignmented player to gain positive aligntmented mob.
Ceddrwyn is offline   Reply With Quote