Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 10-13-2003, 11:52 AM   #1
Justinian

Justinian is on a distinguished road
Dragonlance.    Fantasy setting thats been around for almost 20 years.  Doing a search for Dragonlance back in 1996 ,having only been on the internet 6 months at that point, I came across this Arctic MUD.    I didnt have a clue what a MUD was at that point.  So using telnet i connected to it and made a ranger named Gherick in Solace(the best place for newbies to start) and then a paladin a bit later named Justinian in Kalaman.   I explored and explored.   It was fun and very addicting.   I cant say it was easy as pkilling, though attempts were made otherwise, isnt really restricted and still arent to this day.  Roleplaying isnt enforced but some people do it anyway which is  nice.

I am still apart of this MUD, both as a player and now as a staff member.  I have watched Arctic evolve so much since i started playing and i'm guessing since its initial creation back in 1992.   Because of the continual evolutions there have been some playerwipes over its 11 year existence which have seen some of the biggest changes and these playerwipes have become era's in the game's history.  Not always welcome but always necessary when major code changes happen what comes after them makes players soon forget the past.  

For a new player starting out it will be a challenge even for the most experienced of MUDers and one you wont forget.  With an average day reaching 110-120 players at peak hours and upwards of 600+ in our playerbase we have a loyal following.  With over 24000+ rooms to explore and a map layout that follows the maps of Krynn there is tons of travelling to do and lots to explore.  

The are player run clans and also, players affairs and disputes are all handled by the players themselves with staff involvement kept to an absolute minimum.

So I ask anyone wanting to try something new to check us out.
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 01:02 PM   #2
Justinian

Justinian is on a distinguished road
Some of Arctic's features

-Classes: Paladin(recently revamped),Ranger(next for revamp), Barbarian, Dark Knight, Warrior, Thief, Cleric, Druid and Mage.

-Playable Races: Hylar(Mtn.dwarf), Theiwar(dark dwarf), Hill(dwarf), High elf(qualinesti,silvanesti), wild elf(kagonesti), half-elf, minotaur, goblin, gnome, human and, of course, kender.

-spells are memorized(no mana system).

-simple combat system.

-classes are balanced and have or will have class specific skills to train.

-30 possible mortal levels but once maxxed you start earning rank points that can be traded to enhance a characters attributes and skills.

-all staff are veterans of Arctic that have worked up the ranks and know the MUD well.

-Forums on our website for the players to voice ideas, bugs, and comment.

and much more...
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote