Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD and RPG Webmasters
Click here to Register

Old 04-08-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
turbotom_1

turbotom_1 is on a distinguished road
Game artwork?

Does anyone know where I can outsource artwork from? My website is currently in need of some fantasy artwork and I have no idea where to go. I would be interested in reviewing all options including commercial routes as I realize artwork is a rather expensive commodity especially due to the issues of copywrite. This is one of many things I am currently seeking to give my game a "professional feel" Thanks.
turbotom_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
Angie

Home MUD: God Wars II
Angie is on a distinguished road
Re: Game artwork?

Take a look at . Its purpose is slightly different, but the artists' profiles list whether they accept commissions or not (most do). For authorised avatars, a good site is . Even many artists will do commissions, but be prepared to do a lot of browsing.

Some established fantasy artists will allow use of their artwork for non-commercial purposes, provided their name (and usually link) is placed with the picture. I haven't checked for several years, but this used to include Jonathon Earl Bowser, Larry Elmore, Stephanie Pui-Mun Law, Jessica Galbreth or John Howe. Please, check their web sites to make sure they haven't changed their policy - or even e-mail them to be on the safe side.

Lastly, you can sometimes get surprising results by fishing for talent among your playerbase - a contest or even a call for help can land you with some amazing artwork, and it's free too!

Good luck and keep us posted on your results - it's nice to see somebody care about art copyright.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:05 AM   #3
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: Game artwork?

I've found a number of good artists from posting here:

Almost all these artists work for hire, but most of them are pretty reasonable. Just make sure you get a good look at their portfolio first.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote