Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 07-18-2002, 08:11 AM   #1
Ntanel

Ntanel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Ntanel
Database Change

This past week I have been working on improving a database and installing it into both AMRO and UCMM. If you have ever heard of Gossamer Threads Links 2.01, then you know what I had to start with.

It took me three days alone to modify the code enough to fit my needs and an additional day to modify and seperate the program to suit both AMRO and UCMM. I need to tweak, but that will have to wait until a later date.

Digifuzz, of the World IMC Network, gave me some code to add to the program to enable includes to everything. He asked that I reconize his knowledge of Perl, so here it was. As a note, the CGI files do not see some includes, such as the forum headlines.

After 12 hours straight of work, every affiliate to both AMRO and UCMM were added and the sites were up and running. There was a total of maybe 5 minutes downtime for each site while I switched over to the database.

I would like everyone to please look at thier listings, be it on AMRO or UCMM, and if they need to update, please utilize the "Modify Site" link on the right bar.

I hope you enjoy the new features, such as a local search (limited to site, be it AMRO or UCMM), top rated sites, what is cool sites and what is new sites. The parts which take stats or rankings may or may not stick around. Input is good, majority vote rules.

- Ntanel, CEO of MudWorld

MudWorld Internet Radio

Sunday, July 21st, 2002, at 8pm ET will be the next radio program hosted by Ntanel StormBlade. It is listener's choice and if you find something you like on the playlists, you can request it on ResortMUD. Ntanel will be on ResortMUD during the program for requests. The program will last atleast one hour.

ResortMUD - port 4000
MW Internet Radio -

Immortal University - SMAUG

We are now ready to take applications for teachers of building for Immortal University's SMAUG location. Qualifications are that you know how to build. This means the ability to make rooms, objects, mobiles, programs, shops, resets and anything else expected of one who is a master at SMAUG building.

ImmU-SMAUG offers the default OLCs that come with SMAUG as well as OasisII. OasisII is the ResortMUD derived version of Oasis originally made for Circle and adapted to SMAUG.

If you are a master builder and can schedule atleast 3 hours a week towards teaching others to build, we at ImmU want you! Those who are currently employed at others MUDs will need owner permission to teach at ImmU. MUD owners who provide staff are permitted to hold a guest seat on the ImmU-SMAUG MUD.

For details, sign-up or ask questions, please utilize the forums at MudWorld at

The ImmU-SMAUG location can be found at port 3000.

Immortal University's website can be found at

Ntanel is offline   Reply With Quote

MudWorld News - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
News from Jointhesaga.com Brody MUD Announcements 1 01-23-2007 01:40 PM
Apologies, and some news... Brody Roleplaying and Storytelling 0 04-18-2006 03:53 PM
Got MUD news? Brody MUD Announcements 0 10-31-2003 06:25 PM
And now the news... Brody Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 02-16-2003 01:29 AM
New news for you! Ntanel MUD Announcements 0 10-06-2002 11:42 AM