Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 11-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #1
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
[Threshold] Player run RP - Thu & Fri Nights - Vision Quest & Bloodletting Ceremony

There are two significant player run RP events taking place Thursday and Friday nights this week. They are both part of a large, ongoing world event that has world altering repercussions and impact.

EVENT #1 - Vision Quest

WHEN: Tonight! (Thursday, Nov 21), 9pm EST.
WHERE: Threshold RPG
Web Client: http://play.thresholdrpg.com

The event is being led by Rinada the Autumnal Sentinel, High Priestess to Lord Silvanus.

Her In Character announcement about the event:

Quote:
Note 33 Rinada (Tue Nov 19) Vision Quest

Fellow citizens

In an attempt to seek answers or insights to the catastrophic events that are affecting us all I am inviting those interested to join me in a vision quest.

The quest will take place approximately two weeks from now on (OOC: Thursday Nov. 21st at 9pm EDT) at my house on Southern Outskirts 6. Our King has asked that we do this as soon as possible and I am hoping many will attend.

A vision quest is a passive event where you put yourself in the right state of mind to be able to receive glimpses of divinity. You will be keeping as still as possible during the event, although personal incantations and chants are encouraged if you need it.

The vision quest is not lead in the name of any church, this is done in the name of the Aether as a whole. So the quest as such is individual although we will be sitting in the same room. I will be guiding the quest but only as a means to achieve a meditative state, and only in very general terms.

Any experience you might have during a vision quest is yours and yours only. You are free to express the experience as you see fit, no matter if you feel it comes from you or a deity. The more you express yourself the more you will help the rest of us, as language can serve as a guide and a trigger to those in a meditative state seeking a connection to the divine.

Practically what will happen is: we jump into a hole in the ground, light a special fire and close the lid. The hole is designed for this purpose. Once we are in the hole we get comfortable and start inhaling the smoke (there will also be other substances you can use if you need it and you are free to bring your own).

As mentioned earlier you can either sit quietly or you can chant to yourself. If or when the experience becomes too much for you you are free to leave. Maybe you don't feel anything, maybe the smoke is too much...maybe it all just becomes too much. It's all good, there's no judgment. It's not even sure any of us will experience anything. Just open the trap door, leave and close it behind you.

But if you leave you cannot come back down.

I hope this is enough general information for now. Those who wish to partake in the vision quest can send me a letter or just reach out to me. I will be sending out a letter in approximately a week from now, so anyone contacting me before that time will receive the letter.

You are free to join in until the very last second, but the longer you wait the less likely you are to receive all information.

There is only one restriction to joining. All laity (meaning non-clergy and non-paladin) must be an official member of a church. No supplicants and no un-devoted. Clergy joining in does not have to have been chosen but it is highly recommended that you are on the path to the deity you wish to serve.

The reason for this is that the quest is too dangerous for someone who is not yet in connection with a deity. The chance of you losing your mind and your way is simply too big. You might not return.

That is it for now. The date and place is posted below. I will put up another post soon regarding practical arrangements I hope you will all help with.

Place: Southern Outskirts 6 (follow the sign)

Date: (OOC: Nov 21st, 9pm EDT)

Sincerely Rinada, High Priestess to Lord Silvanus
Also:

Quote:
Note 34 Rinada (Tue Nov 19) Items needed for the vision quest

Fellow citizens

There are a few things we need for the vision quest.

All who are attending should memorize at least one of the three symbols chosen by their church.

All, both those who are attending and those who are not, are encouraged to refrain from smashing idols over the next few weeks and instead bring them to a representative of said church. It is not mandatory that we have idols during the vision quest, but it helps. Not all churches have active adventurers, so please help any idols you might find to get to the right churches. I promise that any idols sent to me will be returned to the rightful churches afterwards.

We need amrans herbs, lots of them. And we need Raki and Hnqt too (although I have heard that Hnqt is distilled by viciously pressing orc sweat through a pair of well-used goblin underpants) for those who might need it to get to the right meditative state

Sincerely Rinada, High Priestess to Lord Silvanus
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #2
Threshold
Legend

Re: [Threshold] Player run RP - Thu & Fri Nights - Vision Quest & Bloodletting Ceremo

EVENT #2 - Bloodletting Ceremony

WHEN: Friday (Nov 22), 9pm EST.
WHERE: Threshold RPG
Web Client: http://play.thresholdrpg.com

The event is being led by Nukara Snowflake, Champion of Thrace, Worshiper of Erosia.

Her In Character announcement about the event:

Quote:
Note 35 Nukara Snowflake (Tue Nov 19) Bloodletting Ceremony

Hello citizens of the realm!

The churches of Erosia and Silvanus would like to invite you to a re-enactment of the glorious Bloodletting Ceremony that is held by these two Gods! It has been years since we mortals have given the Gods the appreciation They deserve regarding this sacred ritual!

We will host this in the Southern Meadows, Eastside of the silver cage so that those, young and old, will be able to attend! We hope you would consider joining us as we attempt to do what we can to defeat this famine! Please invite your friends and family, close or extended! The realm and Primordiax could use all of our support!

(OOC time: Friday, 11/22/19, at 9 pm est.)

Love,

Nukara Snowflake, The Right Hand of Erosia
Old 11-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #3
Threshold
Legend

Re: [Threshold] Player run RP - Thu & Fri Nights - Vision Quest & Bloodletting Ceremo

What is Threshold?

Threshold is one of the longest running RP required games on the internet. Founded in 1996, it has a large, stable population of players who add to the amazing, constantly evolving world story. Threshold has 23 years of REAL history!

Best of all, Threshold's community loves bringing new players into the realm and letting them add their ideas, imagination, and stories to the greater fabric of the game world.

From a game mechanic standpoint, Threshold features:
  • 13 unique classes and 11 races.
  • A huge world that has expanded and grown over 23 years. Players have shaped and altered it.
  • A rich pantheon of active Gods whose religions are run by players. Holy wars, constantly changing alliances, and intense drama abound in the religion system.
  • Incredible character customization with numerous systems that gradually layer on as you get more familiar with the game.
  • A player run economy with shops, crafting, and resource gathering.
  • A player run government with an advanced legal system, judges, juries, Mayors, and more.
  • Mini-games like Trial Arcanus, Quail Hunting, card games, chess, and many more.
  • A living, breathing world where players constantly make things interesting and your actions matter.

Check it out: http://www.thresholdrpg.com

Web client: http://play.thresholdrpg.com
Old 11-23-2019, 02:42 PM   #4
Threshold
Legend

Updates, specifically related to event #2 and some other player efforts: