Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 05-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Archbaron

Name: Andrew
Home MUD: God Wars II
Home MUD: Armageddon
Archbaron is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Archbaron Send a message via Yahoo to Archbaron
Looking for Land/Kingdom-based MUD

Hey all,

I'm looking for a specific flavor of MUD, where the game world is broken up into resources and players form baronies/kingdoms/feudal empires/etc. to dominate and control the land in a political/resource way. I remember a MUD called Empire MUD that had a very similar setting and I enjoyed playing it, but it had a low playerbase and I don't know what happened to it. I also enjoyed that the players could choose to go rogue (vampires and werewolves) and try and hurt the kingdoms. You could build forts and turrets on the land and block off areas.

Does anyone know of similar MUDs?
Archbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
Turncoat

Turncoat is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for Land/Kingdom-based MUD

Ah, I played way back when it was first around, as the character Flik, and I loved the game. Then the creator apparently got into whitewolf stuff and modified the mud to have vampires and werewolves. I think I've played some other empire type muds, but honestly EmpireMUD was the best of the genre. The mud is now called "AoE 4.3: Dawn of the Empires". Has a huge amount of features, just like it had previously, but with werewolves and vampires (still has humans).

Login and start digging and smashing rocks together to get your sharp stone, hah. The link to the TMS mud page is below.

Turncoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed

I have a love/hate relationship with EmpireMUD. I wish there was an updated, non-WoD-related version of it somewhere.

It was my goal to code one, but that frizzled out sometime after my 2nd was born.
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
Turncoat

Turncoat is on a distinguished road

So you had firsts, and then you had seconds? Are you a giant who eats children? Kidding!

Yeah, empire mud.. I loved it, and played constantly, probably more then I played on any other mud, then WoD stuff was implemented, and I stopped playing.
Turncoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

I know what you are talking about and there isn't really a Text based game like that that is active, however, if you aren't only into hack and slash and want some powerful roleplay along with hundreds of active players you might try New Worlds Ateraan.

In this world you can join the Northern Kingdom or the Southern City State and between the racial, religious, and political conflict you will find a similar style of play or at least the closest thing to large powerbased conflict that you may find anywhere. You can, in fact, build ships, clans, houses, and castles, and forming alliances politically and socially is the key to success.

BUT.

It is not a city vs. city game in the sense of Empire. However, we just had a week and a half of a global roleplay event that over a hundred players have participated in. Gotta love that!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote