Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 05-15-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
Glantri

Glantri is on a distinguished road
Genesis MUD, the Best of Times

Genesis has always had problems with the administration. They recently deleted a bunch of players with no explanation. Leading theories are pretty nasty like some of the deleted parties had killed the characters of the administrators. It's basically their own private sandbox, so don't bother.

Few players. No roleplay. Poor pvp system that favors the characters of the admins. The text equivalent of roller coaster tycoon without the roller coasters.

Last edited by Glantri : 06-25-2017 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Update on how game is run.
Glantri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:19 PM   #2
rendekar

rendekar is on a distinguished road
Re: Genesis MUD, the Best of Times

This is one of the best of the muds I've played. There was around 60 players when I was online and the playerbase seems to be growing thanks to that neat web client. It has the potential to attract the fans of browser based rpg games and MMOs. Helpers answer every question. The world is enourmously huge. I will return soon to play this jewel of muds. Currently I play Gauntlet and Pillars of Eternity.
rendekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:32 PM   #3
Kitriana

Home MUD: genesismud.org 3011
Kitriana is on a distinguished road
Re: Genesis MUD, the Best of Times

So it seems you've posted your hit piece in two places and needs multiple replies. I will repeat what I said previously.

----
So this person has been on a PR campaign to destroy Genesis. I have seen this person use multiple profiles on google to leaving damaging, half truth comments about Genesis at our google chrome store app.

Let address his points:

>>Genesis has always had problems with the administration. They recently deleted a bunch of players with no explanation.

A bunch of players were deleted because they broke rules pertaining to sharing information of other alts. This has been a rule for some time in the game. But the administration basically recently came out and said they would delete those who did so. It was very publicly announced - yet these individuals decided to break the rule anyways. One can argue whether the punishment is just or not. But the rule and punishment were clearly stated prior to their deletion.

>>Leading theories are pretty nasty like some of the deleted parties had killed the characters of the administrators. It's basically their own private sandbox, so don't bother.

>>This is utter nonsense. There is no private sandbox. There were no players killed of characters owned by the administration. The reasons for their deletion was publicly stated. And EVERYONE in the game was properly warned prior to anyone being deleted.

>>Few players.

Again nonsense -- we have 80-90 players during peak hours. about 40-50 during non peak hours. There is a no multi login of character rule. So these players are unique numbers - not the multiple characters of a few people.

>>No roleplay.

Again nonsense. We are an immersive RP encouraged mud. While not everyone goes full tilt in their RP .. there is definitely a core group who do and we certainly discourage ooc talk. There are no tell lines outside of the newbie help line which helps encourage interacting in the immersive world we have to offer.

>>Poor pvp system that favors the characters of the admins.

I don't even know how to respond to this because it is just based in fantasy and is the result of this person's vendetta against the admins. Likely because they are one of the people who were deleted for breaking the rules.

>>The text equivalent of roller coaster tycoon without the roller coasters.

Genesis is a wonderful community that is warm and welcoming to new members. I would encourage you to ignore this smear campaign and actually give the game a try and not rely on the rantings of someone who clearly has an ax to grind because they chose to not follow the rules.

Kitriana