Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 07-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Ristowe

Ristowe is on a distinguished road
Introduction

I remember the first time I played a MUD. I was in the 7th grade, and my newest friend told me about an awesome game where your imagination is the only limitation. It didn't take long before I dove headfirst into . I never got into the grind, and couldn't bring myself to level mindlessly, but I was immediately enthralled with the roleplay.

I would spend hours a day writing stories, building my character background, and interacting with the other players. It didn't take long before I started creating my own areas. I burned through dozens of books of graph paper, and countless notepads, creating my own world. After building areas for a few MUDs, I started buying books on C and C++, and dove headfirst into modifying, and eventually extending, different codebases. DIKU, Merc, Envy, Rom... I loved them all, but will always hold a special place in my heart for EOSII and EotS.

I don't run any MUDs anymore, growing up has a habit of getting in the way, but I still play when I can, and have recently been trying to build a to help new players figure out where to start. I hope to build the site out to have user guides and pro guides for as many clients as possible, and download mirrors for the clients that are getting increasingly difficult to find ( anyone?).

I hope this forum stays alive, I love to hear how the community, while small, is still alive and kicking.
Ristowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
Lorana

Name: Joanna
Home MUD: End of Time
Lorana is on a distinguished road
Re: Introduction

Growing up totally gets in the way! :-P Good luck with your client project - I am very much no help because I've basically stayed on zMUD and MUSHclient the entire time I've been on MUDs. Oh wait - I do use Mukluk on my Android phone too.
Lorana is offline   Reply With Quote