Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 07-21-2013, 03:43 AM   #61
Sebguer

Sebguer is on a distinguished road
Re: Finding a Place to Call Home: Communities Tolerant & Accepting of Gay Gamers

You just don't get it, Orrin, if I've never been personally effected by something, it means it's not worth addressing, obviously.

Also: Now with religion.
Sebguer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #62
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: Finding a Place to Call Home: Communities Tolerant & Accepting of Gay Gamers

Because as we all know, anyone who doesn't think bigotry from anonymous and harmless sources on the internet is a serious issue is clearly a white male bigot. You have to be a minority to understand how terrible the world is. Maybe one day, middle class white guys will finally realize the error of their ways and start apologizing for years of ignorance. Because being a normal guy who wakes up and goes to work every day in a world where someone might be bigoted against someone else and not caring about that serious issue is, itself, dirty bigotry.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #63
Sebguer

Sebguer is on a distinguished road

Yes, because pointing out that straight white males (of which I am one, myself) are ill-equipped to recognize the pervasive and harmful nature of bigotry in all its forms is equivalent to calling all straight white males bigots.

Except, no, it's not- but admirable effort at living up to the latter half of your name.

I'm really kind of wondering why you're so offended by the idea that people think bigotry on the internet is a bad thing? Do you believe bigotry deserves a haven? Should it be okay to be a bigot in certain places? Like, why should bigotry be acceptable -anywhere-?
Sebguer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #64
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough

Not just the internet, but everywhere. Stupid bigots have just as much of a right to be wrong and stupid as everyone else has for their proud and non bigoted points of view. It's not illegal to be wrong and stupid. I strongly prefer a world where stupid bigots are outspoken and obvious so I can make an informed decision how much attention to pay them, what opinion to form of them, and how to act appropriately. It's just as wrong to censor stupid bigots as it is/was to force homosexuals to stay in the closet and shut up.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #65
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough

This thread delivers.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #66
ArchPrime

Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
ArchPrime is on a distinguished road

Indeed it does! Ironically, anyone who is so contemptuous towards bigots is by definition... a bigot. Bahahaha! Anyways... ;-)
ArchPrime is offline   Reply With Quote